Is Brazil Happening At World Showcase?

The Up setting was heavily inspired by Angel Falls and tepuis in Venezuela. So much so, one could argue it actually takes place in Venezuela. But they did change the name; I guess to make it more ambiguous.

Oh man, excited for Jose to have his home base. I could see them potentially relocating the 3 Caballeros here and redoing the Mexico boat ride to be Coco themed.

I'm all for a ride or an attraction, tbh. I think they can fit nicely in the WS. Frozen obviously doesn't. At all. *grump* But Maelstrom was one of my favorite rides. A ride can be a pleasant way to take guests on a tour of a country's history and culture (much as I love the 3C, and I go on Grand Fiesta Boat Tour every time, it feels...kind of not great at that. Not like Maelstrom was).

Bonus points if at some point Jose does the whole "Have you been to Bahia!" bit.

If they do make a Brazil pavilion, they should make an Amazon Adventure boat ride! One of the most interesting rivers in the world surely could be made into some cool dark ride. I could kind of see something like the first part of Living with the Land where you float through different scenes (just with a Brazilian theme) And who knows, maybe they could even get Amazon (the company) to sponsor it.

Ah, yes, absolutely! It seems so perfect, really. (And tbh, would be way more interesting to me than the Na'avi one. I've never seen Avatar, I...I don't really care about what screen-projected animals lurk on Pandora)

Also liking the idea of a Brazilian steakhouse at Disney. Mmmm...eat till I get the meat dizzies...

This article published last year in Orlando Weekly gathered up links to all of the Brazil rumors, including concept art for a ride (a "flyover" film-based one said to resemble PPF in style; themed on the cable-car ride to the top of Sugar Loaf in Rio de Janeiro; presumably the film would have you flying over a wider area than the real cable car.)

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs...-spending-450-million-on-a-new-epcot-pavilion

Maybe the ride will be a 3D ride where you are standing in a queue and all of the sudden you are surrounded by chanting teenagers pushing by you to get to the head of the line before you. You'll have to fight them off and steal their flag to get them to go in another direction!

Again, folks, per the latest from a couple of trusted insiders, no ride with this Pavilion for opening. Maybe added later on though...

I wish they’d add at least a movie into the pavilions that don’t have attractions. It would be awesome to have a small theater in the back of Japan next to the gallery that shows a short travelogue. Or have one in Italy or Germany.

They could even just have a small screen in a corner of a gift shop with a couple of benches. I’d stop to watch the Norway movie occasionally if it was offered that way.

This would be great. I just hope they do something that fits with World Showcase overall. Characters are fine, but I feel every new ride has a connection to a movie.

If I was in charge, and I am quite thankful that I am not, I would change all of Future World, except SE, into countries. I think WS is such a cool concept, and very well done. I can live without the Frozen ride, but other than that, it's such a great experience.

Maybe the ride will be a 3D ride where you are standing in a queue and all of the sudden you are surrounded by chanting teenagers pushing by you to get to the head of the line before you. You'll have to fight them off and steal their flag to get them to go in another direction!

That ride already exists. My family and I went on it in early February 2018 :(

No, it's not specific to Brazil - I don't think the movies specifies where in South America they end up.

Actually, just watching Up and noticed the plane tickets Carl purchases are to Venezuela. Had to come back here since it reminded me of the convo.

And to get back on topic, I’m really excited about the potential for a new pavilion. Hope this opens up the path to further expansion.

I believe you are right. And I don't think Venezuela will be getting a pavilion anytime soon.

But wouldn't it be fun? There could be a black market courtyard where toilet paper is $50 a roll and the whole pavilion is occupied by an angry army. So many possibilities!

I wish they’d add at least a movie into the pavilions that don’t have attractions. It would be awesome to have a small theater in the back of Japan next to the gallery that shows a short travelogue. Or have one in Italy or Germany.

Never understood why Germany and Italy didn't have a boat ride or a film. Missed opportunities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter