Is Brazil Happening At World Showcase?

jhaig

Not The First To Pass This Way
I have heard many rumblings about Brazil coming to WS. A map shows it being placed between Germany and Italy.

How cool would this be? A combination of a rainforest dark ride, a tapas restaurant, and Carnivale.

Sounds like a win-win!

I have heard many rumblings about Brazil coming to WS. A map shows it being placed between Germany and Italy.

How cool would this be? A combination of a rainforest dark ride, a tapas restaurant, and Carnivale.

Sounds like a win-win!
The rumors are almost as old as WS itself. With EPCOT getting a remake, the rumors are probably more credible now than they have been over the last 2 decades or so, but it's still kind of a... I will believe it when I see it... kind of thing. The economics of the WS are based on food, drink, and festivals. The Festivals are jammed whether Brazil arrives or not. Food and Drinks on the other hand... if there is one spot in a WDW Park you can pretty much always get a seat for a meal or a short line for QS, it's WS. Does Disney need to add more restaurants and gift shops? If you just want to freshen up WS, adding a few rides in the existing countries seems to make more sense, and we are seeing that with Rat and possibly the rumored ride in England.

It could just be I have WS rumor fatigue and it's make me very skeptical.

The rumors are almost as old as WS itself. With EPCOT getting a remake, the rumors are probably more credible now than they have been over the last 2 decades or so, but it's still kind of a... I will believe it when I see it... kind of thing. The economics of the WS are based on food, drink, and festivals. The Festivals are jammed whether Brazil arrives or not. Food and Drinks on the other hand... if there is one spot in a WDW Park you can pretty much always get a seat for a meal or a short line for QS, it's WS. Does Disney need to add more restaurants and gift shops? If you just want to freshen up WS, adding a few rides in the existing countries seems to make more sense, and we are seeing that with Rat and possibly the rumored ride in England.

I agree. I'm not sure we'll see an entire new pavilion, but adding attractions to the existing ones is a strong possibility.

This is all based on some backstage trailers moving from between Germany and Italy. It's a leap, as there are many reasons for it to move. I think when the model trains move, then you'll know something serious is happening.

It could be as simple as cleaning up back stage so the views from Riviera aren't quite so poor. It could be moving displaced infrastructure from the rat construction. Many options.

This is all based on some backstage trailers moving from between Germany and Italy. It's a leap, as there are many reasons for it to move. I think when the model trains move, then you'll know something serious is happening.

It could be as simple as cleaning up back stage so the views from Riviera aren't quite so poor. It could be moving displaced infrastructure from the rat construction. Many options.
Really, it was a rumor long before this, but this is definitely the (silly) reason the rumors heated up in the last 24 hrs.

And, like you said, it's a leap.

People keep saying that they want to see more rides put in WS! I for one am totally against that, if WS becomes filled with rides that it will be like every other part of WDW. As it is now it's something different, maybe not as different as it was when it 1st opened but still different. It still has more "educational" value and gives insight into other places in the world. If more rides are put in, even if they are themed for the country, it will lose what educational value it still has.

If you want rides go to MK, HS or even AK. Actually, IMHO AK also has too many rides now and have lost a lot of its identity.

I'm sure not many people will agree with my opinion but.....

People keep saying that they want to see more rides put in WS! I for one am totally against that, if WS becomes filled with rides that it will be like every other part of WDW. As it is now it's something different, maybe not as different as it was when it 1st opened but still different. It still has more "educational" value and gives insight into other places in the world. If more rides are put in, even if they are themed for the country, it will lose what educational value it still has.

If you want rides go to MK, HS or even AK. Actually, IMHO AK also has too many rides now and have lost a lot of its identity.

I'm sure not many people will agree with my opinion but.....

I definitely want each of the parks to feel different but I think appropriate rides can fit. Even like the Grand Fiesta tour I think is just a fun way to see a bit more about the country. I would less like to see just trill rides that sort of have a connection to the countries

...this is truly the "tale that's old as time". Blame disney...as they were vocal about this in the beginning...

But then they were corporate raided,fired Walt's son in law, Eisner went in a different direction...lot of water downstream...

I get the desire...dream the dream. We'll have to see. The amount of rumors over the years has eroded credibility in them.

WDWNT posted a story today that their sources have confirmed that Brazil will be opening in the world showcase in summer 2020. They say it will located between Germany and Italy (Where the trains are). Also, they stated that it will have no attraction. Can we confirm this as true? If it is true do you think that Brazil is a good country to add, or should it have been a different one? I personally would like to see Greece.
Thanks!
-TheMickeyManiac
P.s. I just noticed that I didn't post this in rumors whopps! If someone knows how can you please fix this.

Last edited:
I think the pavilion is coming... summer 2020 is in 12 months and they havent built anything yet... maybe in time for 2021 more likely 2022... has disney ever built anything in 12 months?

South American tourists bring a lot of revenue to WDW, so it makes sense to me that they would add Brazil. Given they have no current South America representation in World Showcase, I think it's a good choice, but, I too would love a Greece pavilion!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter