Is anyone loosing weight without WW

wdisneyaholic

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

I have just discovered this wonderful section on the boards. Is everyone doing the weight watcher thing? I have tried it but I think that it makes me focus too much on food. I need to loose 26 pounds and I am just very discouraged. I am trying the slim fast thing to see if anything helps. I am only using it to replace one meal, I run everyday for 30 mins and I drink tons of water. I can tell a difference in the way my clothes fit but the scale is not moving. I have only been doing this for just over a month and have only lost about 4 pounds.

I tried the WW, I got the information from a friend. (couldn't really afford the extra money to join myself) I am just very discouraged and really just looking for some support. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi wdisneyaholic and Welcome!

No WW for me. Been there and gained all my weight back! I have been on a low carb diet and it is a miracle! Now keep in mind I am (was) a carb addict and never believed in a million years I could do this! I have lost 12 lbs. in just over three weeks, and it is still coming off. I would like to loose 20 more. Everything they say about what carbs do to your body is true. Once you get past the first few days, all your cravings are gone! Protein keeps you from getting hungry and you can eat all you want. I do watch my fat intake and try to keep it on the low side. I am never hungry. As a matter of fact, I can not eat all that I am suppossed to! I exercise at Curves (see the Curves thread) 3x a week and drink 75 oz. of H2O a day.

There is a ton of support on this board! You have to find what works for you and then stick to it!

I am not doing the WW thing.
Although I have seen co-workers lose with WW and I know lots of Disers like WW.
I am counting calories. It a similar thing to WW but calories instead of points. It works for me and also for my hubby and SIL. I lost 65 pounds in 2000. Kept all but about 7 off last year and am now back at it trying to get back down to that low weight an a bit beyond, closer to what my Doc and I have been talking about. I have maybe 15 lbs to go now. I have been serious about the counting calorie thing since the begining of the year and have lost about 5 lbs since then.
I started out by exercising 30 minutes a day and limiting my calories to 1500 on weekdays, 1700 on weekends. Now I am working out at Curves 3 days a week and doing Cardio for an hour at home 2-3 days a week (biking or walking) the days I am not at Curves.
What ever you do make sure you are eating enough to lose weight. You don't want to send you body into a starvation mode. You need fuel.
I talked to my Doc before starting this and she helped me set the calorie number as well has teach me more about target heart rates, etc.

Hello wdisneyaholic and Mrs. Potato Head-

I to did the weight watchers thing lost 15 pounds in 9 weeks and then gained back 27 in the matter of 4 weeks. For 6 months now I have been on a low carb diet. I actually went to see a nutrionist/state champion body builder and he wrote the diet for me. I weighted in at 172 and my fat percentage was at 36 percent. I am only 5 feet tall:rolleyes: I now am at 127with only 15.1 percent body fat. The nutrionist gave me the following rules to go by
For my 3 main meal have the following 5 oz of protien per serving, 4 oz of carbs per serving, and 4oz of veg.
I may have a small salad with fat free dressing instead of the veggies if I like.
After my breakfast wait about 2-3 hours and have a meal replacement drink or low carb protien bar. 2-3 hours later have lunch, 2-3 hours later have another meal replacement drink or protien bar then 2-3 hour after have dinner. I will tell you I never ever feel hungry.

Also before breakfast 3-4 times a week one should do some type of cardio to burn off the fat that the body has stored. This is done before breakfast so that you are actually burning fat that is stored and not the nutrients you are having in your now good diet.
Muscle actually burns fat. I never knew this. So I actually start to weight train 4 times a week. Nothing that no one else could do. Just exercising each body part to build a little muscle mass so that I can acually burn fat in that part of my body.
The following is an example of what I might eat in one day
Breakfast:
1/4 cup of special K with 1/2 cup of milk and a protien drink
2-3 hour later:
meal replacement drink or protien bar
Lunch:
1 can tuna fillet in water 1 tbs lite mayo and 1/4 cup of rice and a small salad
2-3 hours later-
meal replacement drink or protien bar
Dinner:
5oz of either chicken, fish, 99% fat free turkey burger or 93% fat free hamburger
4oz potatoe or 1/4 cup of rice and 4 oz broccoli or small salad
I also add things like 1 tsp fat free sour cream to my potatoe or seasoning to my meat/fish and ff dressing for my salad.

I also have 1 cheat day every other week so that I can get my urges out.

I swear by this way of eating and will never diet again. I use to have a severe case of asthma however since the weight has come off I have not used any of my inhalers.

45 pounds lost and counting

wdisneyaholic, Welcoem to the board. I am doing WW and love it. some people like it and it works for them and some do not like it and it does not work for them. Whatever you do good Luck. You will find so much support on this board you will be surprised. It is a wonderful place to be while trying to live a healthier lifestyle. I guess the best advice I can give you is to drink your water, watch the fat intake and try to get some excercise. I try to walk, not as often as I should but I try, and I just joined curves and Starting Monday will be going three times a week. Good Luck and feel free to Pm me if there is anything I can do for you. Welcome the the WISH board!!!

Hi wdisneyaholic, I've been doing the slim fast plan, it?s been working wonders for me, I love not having to worry about what am I going to eat for breakfast or lunch. I started on january 2nd and already lost 22 pounds. They got some great recipes on their site, you can combine them and do a great dinner within your calorie limit.

Losing 4 pounds in a month is good, if you stick to your diet for five more months you'll be 18-20 pounds lighter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter