Is any one else having trouble getting through to Member Services?

Took about 20 attempts on the redial button this morning before getting to the menu, it's 0815 PDT, estimated wait time 30 minutes. I'm at work so I'll be listening to hold music this morning :rolleyes1

ETA: I made a boo boo, need to undo some borrowing. This is what happened:
August 2018 UY points booked for May 2020 trip at VGC
Changed to June 2020 trip
W/L entered for August 2020 trip, instructions to cancel June 2020 trip above and do not borrow.
Reservation made for August 2020 off W/L and it borrowed August 2021 UY points. June 2020 trip cancelled and points returned to 2019.
Plan: ask for August 2020 reservation to be cancelled and points returned to August 2021 UY.
Plan: transfer some points from my AUL and book a speculative July 2020 trip with the August 2018 UY points (if dates available by the time I get through)

Last edited:
Total wait time was about 35 minutes, I'll post the results of call in another thread (and update this one if necessary)

Well, now I'm on over a week wait to response to my email (sent through the website), and still can only get a busy signal and the website says chat not available at this time. I have tried multiple times to cancel my reservation on the website, but the dwarfs just keep laughing at me. I am the biggest Disney apologist out there: I defend pretty much everything they do. Even I am getting frustrated by this. Doesn't it seem like they would have increased capacity to take contacts before they started announcing their reopening plans? I'm disappointed.

Where is your reservation for?

If you have an Android phone, download a redialing app. It will automatically redial the set number everytime you hang up until you stop it.

Keep redialing member services until you get the dial tone. Took me about 13 redials.

I've been trying for days and I keep getting a " your call cant be competed" message. I know I'm dialing the right number

Been trying to get through for days and days, just busy signal. Now I’m through, Ive been on hold for over an hour now

I have gotten through twice calling at 9am - one with a 50 minute wait and the 2nd with a 25 minute wait.

Today, I started calling at 11am and got the immediate busy signal. I continued to try every 15-30 minutes and finally got through at 2:01. I was told there would be a 55 minute wait, but the CM came on after 45 minutes which was a pleasant surprise. 👍 👍

I have gotten through twice calling at 9am - one with a 50 minute wait and the 2nd with a 25 minute wait.

Today, I started calling at 11am and got the immediate busy signal. I continued to try every 15-30 minutes and finally got through at 2:01. I was told there would be a 55 minute wait, but the CM came on after 45 minutes which was a pleasant surprise. 👍 👍

Did you ever think you would consider answering in 45 minutes a pleasant surprise?😂😂😂😂😂

That just made me smile!

I called at 11:58 am today and had a 30 minute wait. The CM was lovely but sounded so exhausted. I felt awful for her.

I called on and off 43 times yesterday. Finally got through and had a 50 min wait. After the CM couldn't understand my problem, I asked for a supervisor. When all was said and done, it was almost 2.5 hours later.

Constant busy signal for 2 days straight is really messing up our plans. If only the system was better set up to self-serve a long time ago. I just need a few OTU points (thanks to borrowing restrictions). In the meantime, my room has disappeared of course.

I waited around 50 minutes today to ask about the cancellation of the dining plan and its subsequent refund for our upcoming trip. I don't think they had any plans to refund it until I phoned which is a bit annoying, so potentially they would have held on to the money for another two months?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter