is a jacket really necessary for men at dinner?

mrsmouse

Mouseketeer
as first time cruisers, i'm trying to digest the formality of dinner. i don't mind dressing for dinner. i love to wear sundresses and sandals when i'm out after a day sunning. my dh on the other hand... a jacket is the LAST thing he would want to wear.

would a button down shirt and nice pants be enough? how about a tie with the shirt?

how necessary is the jacket is what i'm primarily asking?

thanks veterans!

we're traveling on the april 25th 3 day wonder, if that makes a difference.

i thought maybe the 7 day might be slightly MORE formal.

?????????

On the three and four day wonder cruises I have gone with the nice shirt and dress slacks look myself and it was no problem. My theory is be comfortable. I think the 7 night does have a more formal night though.

Disney's ships are not very formal. My hubby enjoys dressing up for dinner at Triton's, but he is often in the minority. You would be fine without a suit. Palo is the most formal, but even there it is not uncommon to see "business casual" (suits are still the majority there tho').
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

We're only going on the three-nighter and I feel your husband's pain. I too hate to put on a coat and choker. I've gotten too spoiled to business casual and even THAT's a stretch for my shorts and sandal wearing soul. For our trip I AM planning on bringing a sport coat and some nice pants, but not a full suit or anything. Maybe a camel hair coat or knit sportcoat. I figure I might also use it one night in Orlando if we want to go somewhere nice for dinner. I'm tempted not to bring a coat at all though and just go with a very nice pair of dress pants and one of my stylish, rico suave (as I jokingly call them) dress shirts. To me that looks FAR nicer and more stylish than the same old, same old boring coat/tie combo anyway.

I can CERTAINLY understand his thinking though. I have to wear decent stuff (at least from our pespective) all the time and now that I'm paying good money to go on vacation, I have to dress up?!?!? ARGHH!!! What's next, I have to mow the lawn at the terminal too? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter