Is a fall discount still likely?

seasalt81

Mouseketeer
I heard on the podcast a few weeks ago that a fall discount would likely be coming soon... but so far, nothing. We are trying to decide between a trip to WDW or a Disney cruise for October. With an AP discount, they'd be about the same price (though we'd stay a couple days longer at WDW). Without a discount, the cruise is actually cheaper. I'm checking back daily but know that I have to book something soon before we miss out on reservations. I know nobody can say for sure, but is the general consensus that there *will* still be fall discounts at some point?

It could happen if a bunch of people drop their pre-Dec 5th reservations now that the Rise of the Resistance opening date has been announced.

That is what I am hoping! That a lot of the people who were going early decide to wait until both are open rather than 2 quick in succession trips. I’m going to leave instructions with my TA in case rates drop below what I have - even if it means changing resorts - while I am on my land/sea trip starting next Thursday.

We are that family and we are thrilled that we picked those dates!
This. Some people would much rather avoid the crazy crowds for their whole trip than to possibly be among the first to sample one new ride.

I don't know how many people would reschedule their entire vacation around the release of one ride. Locals who are major Star Wars fans, sure, but
I suspect that most normal families from out of state & who have to fly in are not going to reschedule. That gets pretty expensive, as most airlines charge high fees for schedule changes. It can be hard for people to reschedule a planned week off from work, as well, especially when it's two working parents who have to coordinate their time off. Add to that the hassle of having to rebook ADRs & the resort, and no, I don't think most would reschedule.

Last edited:
I was planning on an early December trip before they announced the second half of GE opening. I have no plans on changing my trip, in fact I'm a huge SW fan so I think it's great, I'm coming in December 4th.

Unfortunately, I also believe that this means they most likely won't be giving much in the way of discounts. There wasn't much availability BEFORE this announcement, at least for the first week of December. I'm now kicking myself for booking AKL instead of CSR, as it's probably going to be a more expensive trip than I was planning for. I'm grateful that I can afford it.

We are arriving Dec. 8th. We booked because it is our Christmas Gift to our kids...nothing to do with SWGE. Our week is unfortunately Pop Warner Week as well....and now the Rise of the Resistance Ride. Am I petrified??? YES! Am I rescheduling??? NO! We are a large group (7) with many adult schedules...it HAS to be this week for us. I'm hopeful for a discount of some sort just because I am trying to be an optimist...LOLOLOL....

I heard on the podcast a few weeks ago that a fall discount would likely be coming soon... but so far, nothing. We are trying to decide between a trip to WDW or a Disney cruise for October. With an AP discount, they'd be about the same price (though we'd stay a couple days longer at WDW). Without a discount, the cruise is actually cheaper. I'm checking back daily but know that I have to book something soon before we miss out on reservations. I know nobody can say for sure, but is the general consensus that there *will* still be fall discounts at some point?

I sure hope so! I don't know if we will still go if I have to pay rack rate. We are booked right now at a moderate but always stay deluxe. i'm not paying those deluxe rack rates, that's ridiculous!

I was planning on an early December trip before they announced the second half of GE opening. I have no plans on changing my trip, in fact I'm a huge SW fan so I think it's great, I'm coming in December 4th.

Unfortunately, I also believe that this means they most likely won't be giving much in the way of discounts. There wasn't much availability BEFORE this announcement, at least for the first week of December. I'm now kicking myself for booking AKL instead of CSR, as it's probably going to be a more expensive trip than I was planning for. I'm grateful that I can afford it.

I think the first week of December has been low availability because I swear Disney has been jacking with what is showing as available in their anticipation of Rise of Resistance. That's the week we are planning to go and there has been plenty availability the week of Thanksgiving and plenty the 2nd week, but that historically low first week of December has shown little to no availability. I thought having no availability seem really fishy that week, so now it makes sense. I'm so sick of hearing about SWGE

I'm still optimistic about a discount for September - November. Even before the ROTR announcement it seemed bookings were down during those months. So with already low bookings and probably some people who will move fall trips to December or later, I can see them offering something.

I'm still optimistic about a discount for September - November. Even before the ROTR announcement it seemed bookings were down during those months. So with already low bookings and probably some people who will move fall trips to December or later, I can see them offering something.

In my opinion, it's hard to just pick up a Disney vacation and move to a different time. you spend so much time scheduling ADR's and Fast Passes, room reservations, not to mention work and school schedules. I cannot imagine changing my entire vacation around SWGE , or any other land with two rides for that matter, that you cannot even get a fast pass for. I honestly cannot see that many people pushing their vacation back for one ride, but that's just my opinion.

I am hoping that something is released! I know I will have to book my Nov stay soon, but I am holding out to see if anything is released until I do. Until then, I'll be following this thread in case we hear any more rumblings... :listen:

Only Disney knows for sure.
It seems like there are a lot of rooms still available for this fall during certain times.
I'm sure they have a threshold of too many availalbe rooms that would kick in a fall discount or rooms with a perk discount.
I expect some people who were waiting now will wait even longer with the opening date of RoTR announced.
Plus the increase in ticket prices at some point must have an impact on length of stay or even going to WDW at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!