Is a character meal the only way to meet Stitch?

Dukland

A.K.A Mrs. Incredible
And Lilo, too, of course.
We didn't see Stitch at all when we went last year. My dd would like to do that this year. But, I didn't know if the only way to do that was to go to the character meal. Has anyone seen Lilo and Stitch outside of a character meal?
Thanks!

My little sister met Stitch right by the huge old sun in DCA a couple of years ago. I don't remember if Lilo was there with him as my sister really didn't care about meeting her, but boy was she excited to see Stitch. It's a good things the characters like to give hugs.

In Dec. 2003 we met them both in DCA near the sun wheel. We did not see them in Oct. 05 or March 06 anywhere. We actually didnt see many characters at all in DCA on those two trips.

edit: not the sun wheel ride, the big sun thing near the stage when you enter DCA. Cant think of what its called.

The meal is the only way you will be guarenteed to meet Lilo and Stitch. I haven't seen them in the parks in a couple years.

When we were there 2 years ago we saw stitch running around but he wouldn't stay still for anyone to actually take his picture or anything. It was very frustrating because lots of kids wanted to. I know that he is supposed to be crazy and wild but still! :confused3

I saw him in December over by Santa, dancing to the "Wave Riders".

Here is Santa at DCA, just to the left of where the Wave Riders were playing in Sunshine Plaza.

CASanta.jpg

WaveRiders.jpg

I saw Stitch yesterday at DCA as we were leaving Tower of Terror. I think he was on his way back to the backstage area, so I am not sure where he was coming from.

Dukland said:
Was Santa in DL or DCA? I've never been there in December.

They usually have Santa in both parks. DL has him wearing traditional Santa suit. He used to by the flag pole on main street. This past year they set up an area at big thunder ranch. Santa in DCA is "surfer Santa" like in the picture posted by karylrocks.

hlbtimes2 said:
In Dec. 2003 we met them both in DCA near the sun wheel. We did not see them in Oct. 05 or March 06 anywhere. We actually didnt see many characters at all in DCA on those two trips.

edit: not the sun wheel ride, the big sun thing near the stage when you enter DCA. Cant think of what its called.

The Giant Hub Cap Fountain!!
;)

MrShiny said:
Do they still do the talk to Stitch thing at Innoventions?

YES! We were there 4/8 and we loved it! Didn't even know it was there until we sat down to take a rest and was asked if we wanted to talk to Stich. I thought it was only going to be on the phone but they had a screen with Stich on the beach. I was so surprised that you can actual converse with him, not generic stock answers, and that it's all animated. At one point my 6 yo DS thought he was being funny and said "Let's beat up Stich". Stich yelled, "Beat up Stich?" and ran up the palm tree. He peeked his head from the top of the screen which is where the palm tree branches were. It wasn't until my DS apologized and we asked him to return did he come back down. I was just so amazed how interactive it was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter