• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is a 13 year old an adult or a child?

disneyjunkie

DIS Veteran
It looks like my son and I will be able to do the 10 day Magic sailing next Christmas!:bounce:

Since this will be our first cruise, I've been visiting various sites and reading this board to gather all the info I can. While looking over Dave's site, I came across the listing of tours you can take. I noticed there are prices for adults and children, however it doesn't state the cut off age for kids.

I know my son pays the adult rate for the cruise, but what about tours. Will DCL consider my 13 year old an adult or a child?

As far as the clubs, tours, Palo, and the Vista Spa are concerned, adult is defined as those 18 years of age or older.

We had a 14yr old with us last fall and paid adult prices for all excursions! I think you'll be lloking at paying full price for a 13yo! Sorry!

Welcome aboard we're on the 10 day cruise as well! Have you signed into our Official check-in thread started by ohiominnie?

Karyn

The age is very low for children for excursions. We paid adults prices for every excursion for our 13 yo.

Thats why we booked Cpt Marvin's ourselves instead of thru DCL. With DCL an 11yr is an adult rate. With Cpt Marvin's an 11yr is a child rate.

My DD is 13. We paid for her as the 3rd adult in our cabin. DS11 still pays the child rate for sailing. Regarding the excursions, the child rates are for 10 and below.

Thanks everyone.

Kabuli1, I've been reading that thread but I haven't posted on it yet. I'm waiting until everything is final.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter