Is 7 nights enough?

Tink1987

DIS Veteran
We want to visit Tokyo Disneyland in September 2014 for our 10th anniversary.

We will only have 5 days of annual leave left for the trip due to it being the same year as my partner's 30th birthday so we are taking most of our annual leave then.

Is 4 nights in Disney and 3 in Tokyo itself enough? It are mad to consider it for only 7 nights?

Yes, it's. enough. You have a limited amount of time for such an expensive plane flight, but that's your call. You have plenty of time at TDL with three full days (I can see 95% of the parks in two days: Everything I want to see plus a couple of things I don't even care about.)

Tokyo is huge, of course, but you can get a good taste of it in three days. One day for shopping (I'd pick Shibuya), one day for a bit of history (Asakusa), and a third day for more fun? (Namjatown in Ikebukuro, Odaiba). Throw in an art museum or gardens, and you're good to go!

It's a little short but you will have a great time! I would recommend having a good plan for what you want to do and see in the city just because it's so big. Some areas like Shibuya, Harajuku and Omotesando are really close to each other so it's easier to group them together when sightseeing. If you go to Skytree and are staying at TDR there is a direct bus that goes back to the resort and it's cheaper and easier than taking the train, a real life saver at the end of the day! As long as you have a plan things will be much easier.

Thanks very much for the replies both!

I think we will definitely book it for maybe 8 nights as we both have our set on going then for our 10th anniversary....

Well fancy seeing you here, Tink 1987 (we are are also EBTA with you). We are going to Japan next Saturday for 17 days including 2 days in DS and 1 day in DL so we can chat on the ship next year if you are still interested.

Hi Dee, sorry I have only just seen this!

That would be fantastic thank you, will look forward to that! We definitely want to go, it's just a matter of waiting for flights to be available to book them!

Have a fantastic holiday, I would love to see some photos when you are back? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter