• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is (3/30 to 4/2) or (4/7 to 4/10) a good time to go

sbowman22

Earning My Ears
What would be the better of the 2 ranges. Are there any big events in LA going on at this time. My wife, mother and son are going for his 4 year birthday. Thanks for any advice.

Either way, they'll be running into Spring Breakers, so it's gonna be crowded.

I would go with the earlier dates. It will still be what Disney considers "value season". Which means it will be a little cheaper and should be slightly before the big spring break crowds.

We're going 3/28-4/03 and there are quite a few conventions going on. Hours are extended but not summer peak, and hotel rates are not considered peak yet. You'll have fanatsmic playing on the weekends and fireworks nightly. Parks will be busy but not as busy as spring break pea (April 7-22)However, during 3/7-10, parks are at peak hours. You'll have fireworks and fantasmic and electric parade nightly. But the parks will be more crowded than the first dates you mentioned. We opted for going earlier cause DLH was cheaper than our previous dates of 3/15-21 where we' have stayed offsite. DH has not seen Electric Parade since he was a young boy. Since we're going again in the summer, he'll have a chance to see it then. But if this was DH is only chance to see it, we'd probably choose our latter dates.

Just found out almost all hotels are filled for 3/30 to 4/2. There are many conventions at this time. Now I want to go 4/2 to 4/5. Sunday to Wednesday. Is will this be an ok time to go. Anyone know of anything big happening during 4/2 to 4/5.

Thanks

Those dates are actually between 2 large conventions. The first is convention is March30-April2 - religious education congress (expected 30,000 attendance) and the second is April 6-8 -teacher's association (expected 15,000 attendance). Now, I've never really paid any attention to convention #s til our upcoming trip, so I'm not sure how that affects disneyland or dcas attendance. I have noticed that neighboring hotel prices are higher than normal, but that could also be accounted for by spring breakers. We're planning for busy days and long lines. So we're going back to the hotel in the afternoons to cool off and heading back to the parks in the early evenings. Oh yeah, we plan on being there as soon as the park opens up and are also taking advanatge of early entry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter