Is 17 hours too long in the parks?

brave321

Mouseketeer
We are thinking about tacking on HS to our MK day. We would RD HS at 7 (meaning we'd probably get there by 6-6:30), spend about 3 hours there, then go to MK and stay there until park close at 11. Is that too long of day where we (two adults) would be overly exhausted and it wouldn't even be fun anymore? Originally we were just planning on going to MK, but with TSL crowds being so low compared to what we thought it would be, we thought we might just add it. We won't be going back for at least 3 years, so it'd be nice to fit TSL in, but I don't want to push it too far and ruin it.
We're also not into rollercoasters or big thrill rides (we'll do Slinky and Seven Dwarfs but that's about it) so I'm not worried about trying to fit any of those in, but would we be too rushed in MK? I don't think we'd have time for a midday break, so that's what makes me worried about being there too long.

For me, it would depend on how late I'm out the previous night, how early I need to get going the next day, and where the day falls within my trip. I wouldn't want to start the trip by wearing anyone out. Also, I'd find it more doable if I knew the following day would be somewhat more relaxing and no plans to rope drop. Also, weather can make a difference. I find that during the extremely hot and humid weather, we tire a lot more easily.

Sure! We have definitely done some long days. These work best for our short trips (which has been most of our trips). If we are only doing 2 or 3 days in the parks, we can take these super long days with no breaks. We have done 8 AM to about 1 AM on more than one occasion and have thoroughly enjoyed the day. I wouldn't recommend doing that for several days at a time, but once or twice in a trip, absolutely.

We are thinking about tacking on HS to our MK day. We would RD HS at 7 (meaning we'd probably get there by 6-6:30), spend about 3 hours there, then go to MK and stay there until park close at 11. Is that too long of day where we (two adults) would be overly exhausted and it wouldn't even be fun anymore? Originally we were just planning on going to MK, but with TSL crowds being so low compared to what we thought it would be, we thought we might just add it. We won't be going back for at least 3 years, so it'd be nice to fit TSL in, but I don't want to push it too far and ruin it.
We're also not into rollercoasters or big thrill rides (we'll do Slinky and Seven Dwarfs but that's about it) so I'm not worried about trying to fit any of those in, but would we be too rushed in MK? I don't think we'd have time for a midday break, so that's what makes me worried about being there too long.

Pretty sure I do this everytime I go to Disney. I usually get to the parks around 9 and stay till close at least. 2 Adults also.

I would do it too. But with a nice lunch break to conserve energy and regroup.
I know you said you don’t think you have time for a break, but you have to eat sometime. Try and get an adrbfor lunch at bog maybe...

It honestly depends on the person. I’ve done huge long park days many, many times. I was even doing it when I was over 300 lbs.

If you want a yes or no answers... I say go for it!! Maybe throw a dinner or a lunch table service meal somewhere in there for a little break.

We did an 18-hour day at MK once, kids were 4 and 11. We had easy, rest days on both ends of it, and were well-prepared with ADRs for each meal, so that we knew we would have some breaks. Older DD had a major meltdown at 1am, getting back to the hotel, but otherwise it was a great day. If you are not going to be worn out from the day before, and plan to pace yourself carefully, it is definitely do-able. Just be willing to forgo the plans and leave early if it isn't working out.

Sure, it's do-able. Just pace yourself with meals you can sit and linger over and sit-down attractions with AC.

We end up doing this 5 out of 6 days when we go around Thanksgiving. I don't tend to feel tired until I get to the resort. Once I lie down my feet yell at me(throbbing), but by morning i'm good to do it again.
Just as a side note, I live in nyc and am used to a lot of walking. We've brought family with us that couldn't do it.

I once did 7am-1am, which was really more like 6:45-1:30, so close to 19 hours all at MK one day a couple years ago. I wouldn't hesitate to do that again. But I'm always a rope drop to park close every day I'm there kinda person anyway.

That sounds like my worst nightmare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!