Irons???

Irons are considered a fire hazard and are not allowed in staterooms. They do have a few laundry rooms onboard with irons and ironing boards.

Many folks swear by "Downy Wrinkle Releaser" (haven't tried it myself!) for wrinkled clothing. :)

Yep, it does. :) Fires are VERY serious onboard ships (read a pervious post about a fire on the Christmas cruise on the Magic that was luckily contained) and it's just not worth it to bring an iron onboard. They are available on the ship.

I just iron everything before I pack, pack carefully, and my clothes come out fine. I have never needed to iron anything on the ship -- besides I hate ironing, especially on vacation! :)

I too would say..DON'T give in to the temptation to smuggle one aboard. On one of our cruises, our stateroom had a scorched-in mark (I think it was on the desk) from an iron that someone had obviously forgotten. Very fortunate it didn't turn into something more serious! I'm sure the person didn't mean to leave it unattended, but it's easy enough to forget. For safety's sake, please use the one in the laundry room.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

I have used Downey Wrinkle Releaser and its great.
On our first Disney Cruise, I wasnt aware that irons werent allowed. I brought a travel iron, used it(very carefully of course) and left it out in plain site. Our room host never said anything about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter