Iron Man 2 references EPCOT

Circus181920

Mouseketeer
I just got back from Iron Man 2 and noticed that they had little things in the movie that referenced EPCOT. One of my favorites was they had a huge explosion in a globe-it looked just like the inferno barge burnoff after Illuminations. Also, Tony's dad looked very similar to Walt when he gave his EPCOT promotional film. In fact, the whole Stark Expo just reminded me alot of EPCOT.

I know Disney recently acquired Marvel and maybe it is the reason that there are these references.

I just thought that it was really cool and wanted to tell others to be on the look out for these scenes in the movie! :)

I just got back from Iron Man 2 and noticed that they had little things in the movie that referenced EPCOT. One of my favorites was they had a huge explosion in a globe-it looked just like the inferno barge burnoff after Illuminations. Also, Tony's dad looked very similar to Walt when he gave his EPCOT promotional film. In fact, the whole Stark Expo just reminded me alot of EPCOT.

I know Disney recently acquired Marvel and maybe it is the reason that there are these references.

I just thought that it was really cool and wanted to tell others to be on the look out for these scenes in the movie! :)

Yeah the Walt Disney parallels are well documented and absolutely intentional but it doesn't t have anything to do with Disney buying Marvel. They finished shooting on the film early last year well before the buyout.

Since this isn't about the actual theme parks attractions themselves, I've moved this thread to the Theme Parks Community board. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter