Proud Redhead
UO closing Saturday 7pm
Reopening Tuesday

See website for more info

Hotels closing Saturday 7 pm

Wishing everyone to be safe while Irma strikes

From UO website:

⚠ WEATHER ALERT: HURRICANE IRMA

Due to Hurricane Irma, our destination will close at 7pm on Saturday, Sept. 9. We will be fully closed on Sunday and Monday and we anticipate normal operating hours on Tuesday, Sept. 12.
Click here to get the latest information.

Universal Orlando:
Hurricane Irma Update: Resort to Close at 7pm on Saturday, September 9 – More Details Below (updated 9/8/2017 at 12:30pm)
Hurricane Irma Update: Resort to Close at 7pm on Saturday, September 9 – More Details Below (updated 9/8/2017 at 12:30pm)
Out of concern for the safety of our Team Members and our guests, Universal Orlando has made the following operational changes due to Hurricane Irma:

• The theme parks and CityWalk will close at 7:00pm tomorrow (Saturday, Sept. 9). We will be fully closed on Sunday and Monday. As such, Team Members scheduled to report after 7pm on Saturday night should not report to work on Saturday night. We anticipate normal operating hours on Tuesday, Sept. 12.
  • Our on-site hotels are currently at full capacity and will remain operational as they focus on taking care of our on-site guests.
  • As previously announced, we will hold our Rock the Universe event at Universal Studios Florida tonight, Friday Sept. 8 and will welcome Saturday ticket-holders tonight as well. The event will be cancelled on Saturday night and Sunday morning.

I saw the message that all three USO parks are ready to open tomorrow and HHN is ready to open as scheduled on Friday. I think MCO is planning to have limited service tomorrow.

Does anyone know if transportation will be available from MCO to USO? We have a few more days before arriving, but I'm concerned about the gas situation.

I saw the message that all three USO parks are ready to open tomorrow and HHN is ready to open as scheduled on Friday. I think MCO is planning to have limited service tomorrow.

Does anyone know if transportation will be available from MCO to USO? We have a few more days before arriving, but I'm concerned about the gas situation.

Are you booking the star shuttle, uber or renting a car to go from mco to UO ?

Check the gas buddy site and see what stations have gas/open

Do not know if that site is current

We're actually booked with Tony Hinds, but I didn't want to bug him until MCO confirmed they will be back to normal on Thursday. I see that Gas Buddy has updated prices in Orlando today. Hopefully that is accurately reflecting available gas. I've never really used Gas Buddy before, so there might be a way to check availability that I just can't find.

You will enjoy Tony!
Bug him anytime as he does not mind getting calls
You can touch base with him to let him know you are still on with him

Tell him I said "hey"

I just read in another thread they used gas buddy and it was current for them in Orlando

Excellent! Thanks, Macraven!

I know we'll love Tony, since this will be our 4th trip booking him (all the glowing reviews here prompted me to contact him 4 years ago, and now Tony is our first choice when visiting Orlando)! :)

I'll contact him tomorrow to confirm, and I'll let him know you say "hey"!

As an aside... my heart goes out to all the people that have experienced loss due to Irma. That makes it awkward for me to express concern for my personal HHN trip. I hope local people don't take my (or others travelers) concern for a vacation as a lack of compassion for their loss. At least it's awkward for me, anyway. I know the staff at USO do all they can to make sure we all have a great vacation, and I try my best to let them know how much it is appreciated. I'll be sure to double my efforts to express my gratitude during this trip.

Excellent! Thanks, Macraven!

I know we'll love Tony, since this will be our 4th trip booking him (all the glowing reviews here prompted me to contact him 4 years ago, and now Tony is our first choice when visiting Orlando)! :)

I'll contact him tomorrow to confirm, and I'll let him know you say "hey"!

As an aside... my heart goes out to all the people that have experienced loss due to Irma. That makes it awkward for me to express concern for my personal HHN trip. I hope local people don't take my (or others travelers) concern for a vacation as a lack of compassion for their loss. At least it's awkward for me, anyway. I know the staff at USO do all they can to make sure we all have a great vacation, and I try my best to let them know how much it is appreciated. I'll be sure to double my efforts to express my gratitude during this trip.
I feel exactly the same.

My flight is still scheduled for tomorrow and with the parks open I am planning to come. But want to know if anyone has first hand knowledge of what the parks are like today? Is anyone there today? Any rides closed?

I am looking on the website and it says CityWalk is closed. Is that true? Any speculation on when it will open?

Was hoping someone would answer you.....

Cowfish is opened today as I got a pic from a friend that had a drink there around 6 today and was waiting for their food

My flight is still scheduled for tomorrow and with the parks open I am planning to come. But want to know if anyone has first hand knowledge of what the parks are like today? Is anyone there today? Any rides closed?

I am looking on the website and it says CityWalk is closed. Is that true? Any speculation on when it will open?
Sorry I didn't see this yesterday, the parks are great with almost no wait time. Jurassic park is down and Hulk wasn't running today not sure if it suffered from Irma.

You should have a wonderful time.

Sorry I didn't see this yesterday, the parks are great with almost no wait time. Jurassic park is down and Hulk wasn't running today not sure if it suffered from Irma.

You should have a wonderful time.

The catch net on Hulk was destroyed, so they need to wait for a replacement. Not sure about JP.

The catch net on Hulk was destroyed, so they need to wait for a replacement. Not sure about JP.

Oh man, that would suck for me! I am glad I canceled my trip. With Fire & Ice gone and Hulk out of commission, that would leave RRR as the only real coaster.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter