Ireland Trip Report **Finally Finished...Sort of p.13**

Aunty Lena's, I'm guessing. We ate there also in Adare. Our guides suggested we stay away from it but as the bus drove by they both said 'Oh, it looks like it's been cleaned up a bit.' So Mindy and I tried it and enjoyed the place. It was fun because there was a Wedding party in there for their 'pre-ceremony' drinks ... only in Ireland. Everywhere else waits until after the ceremony for drinks ... they did it before! Anyway it was fun to see everyone dressed and the ladies had some wild hats on too.
We still were served in good time and hot meals even though they had the big party going on.

Yes that was it! Thanks for reminding me of the name.

I saw a couple other group members, including Andrew and Francesc, eating at the Adare heritage center restaurant (Table Service). It was one of the places they recommended.

Of course I remember you! How have you been? The trip was amazing...so glad we decided to do it. I am still recovering from my post-Ireland depression.
I'm great, thanks for asking, the girls are getting very big now the eldest just turned 13 :faint: I'm also being kept busy as I am a member of the Disney World Moms panel, I couldn't believe it when I was chosen as the first Brit to be on the panel :goodvibes I had to go for training last December and was lucky enough to spend a night in Cinderella's Castle suite!!!

Sounds as though you're loving fish and chips, they taste so different over here compared to in the US and the Irish dancing sounds like fun :thumbsup2

Hope you're having a fantastic time in WDW :goodvibes

I went on this trip in 2007 with my parents and daughter. What a beautiful place to visit and it was not hot in July! The best comes last at the castle. Wait until you get there!

I am sorry that I have been such a slacker in finishing this report. I really thought that I was going to finally finish a trip report too. I just had a whole days worth typed out when I accidentally deleted it. oops. So I'm sort of ending it there...if anyone has any questions about the rest of our trip, or any parts of the trip,, I would be more than happy to answer them, but to actually finish and write 2.5 more days is just not happening right now. I'll give some final thoughts thoush on those last 2.5 days.

Dromoland - beautiful castle, but needs air! Seriously, being there when it is above 75 is a little on the warm side. But very very beautiful. I have to say that I was a little underwhelmed at the castle - I think I had built it up so much in my head and I missed the city and town atmosphere of so much to walk around and do that we had in Dublin and Killarney. If I were doing this trip over, I would not have stayed an extra night at Dromoland.

Hawk Walk - We were able to do this on our last day, after rest of the group went home. Definitely recommend it. Very neat experience.

Ennis - We also took a cab ride into Ennis on our last day. Do not do this. Our cabbie told me, as we were getting out of the cab, "don't flash your money around". Great first impression. We were able to run into a grocery store and stocked up on irish candy and snacks which we didn't get a chance to do before that.

Shopping - a regret my mom and I have is that we didn't buy enough stuff. I kept talking myself out of things that now I am kicking myself for not buying.

Shutterfly vs. Photopass - I loved my pictures way more that disney's pictures so I ended up making a photo book on shutterfly. It ended up having 50 pages and cost $60-ish. I love it!!!! And way cheaper than Disney.

Another ABD? - I would do another ABD in a heartbeat if I could afford it. I was really hoping to do the knights and lights this summer but financially it just is not going to work for me. But that is ok. I would however recommend ABD to anyone wanting to go on a trip of a lifetime...because that is truly what you get.

Thanks for reading...and again, feel free to ask any questions!!! :goodvibes

:flower3: read your report from start to finish; thanks for sharing! I really, REALLY want to do a tour of the UK and Northern Ireland some day, although I'm still a student so that day is way in the future. Scary that the cabbie warned you not to "flash your money" around; when I went on a tour of Eastern Europe back in 2003, our guide warned the guys in the group of "ladies of the night" who would hang around in the lobby of the (not fancy but mid-range, sort of like a Holiday Inn standard) hotel, "peddling" their services. Thankfully, we did not encounter any during our stay :thumbsup2.

I LOVEd your pictures. The greenery looks amazing. I live in CA and we don't have that kind of greenery here. TFS...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter