iPad mini vs. Kindle Fire HD8

I got my DGS2 a Kindle Fire Kids Edition. I like that it was a) only $99 b) comes with a rugged protective case, c) Kindle Free Time with KID ONLY content, and d) has free replacement if it gets broken. I've been known to overspend on DGS but no way would I get him an iPad that costs that much.

Nothing wrong with the Kindle tablets. They are quality hardware for the price. I Don't like that they lock the Google Play store out but it's possible to sidestep that if the Amazon App store doesn't have what you want. And most of the cheaper tablet options run ads on the lock screen, which I don't care for. But they are cheep.

From an adult view -- I had a Kindle Fire and disliked it's lag time when I browsed the Internet. I bought a refurbished Ipad Mini on Apple for about $250. I primarily use it as a reader. That's still more than a Kindle, but it works perfectly, and I am much happier with it's internet speed. I don't know how much you want to spend for a 2 year old, or if someone else has had better experience with an update Kindle (mine was from 2018).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!