Ionithermie Algae Detox????

BunnyV

Earning My Ears
Anyone ever tried this? :confused:

Sounds interesting although I know that it takes exercise and eating correctly to lose inches and all that (which I have been doing deligently with little results) but it would be kind of fun to try.

I am thinking of asking for this for Mother's Day.

Would love any feed back -- if you have had it or know of a buddy cruiser that did and the results.

There are 4 stages according to the info they give you. They will do the treatment and then try to sale you the products so you can continue the treaments at home. I have had it done and I lost almost 8 inches however the results I got with the follow-up at home have been less noticeable. It can me relaxing but it also is a little painful. They attach electrodes to your abds and thighs to make the muscle contract. You might like the detox alge wrap with a massage. That should be complete bliss.

Hi BunnyV.

I am thinking of asking for this for Mother's Day.

I think you'd be better advised to ask for this on April Fool's Day!

I did this treatment and cannot recommend it. To begin the ritual of weight loss without any effort, the therapist will have you change into paper underwear. Kinky, but believe me, that's not the half of it. They attach electrodes to areas around your stomach and "love handles." Then they blend a special weight reduction formula based upon your individual needs. What needs? All I want is something for nothing. So the mixture is poured into a large trough on a massage table of sorts. Then they have you sit rear end first in the sludge, adjust your sitting position to a degree of comfort and turn on the "juice." Your tush vibrates and the sludge might even begin to bubble for all the wrong reasons. I felt like I had an IQ lower than the "Ernest" actor - if that's possible. I looked around to see if I was really on candid camera. I'm only glad the whole experience wasn't on video tape. At least this way I can always deny my own stupidity for believing in weight loss/body toning with no effort other than $144 + tip.

There are other spa offerings which are terrific, such as the Elemis (sp) massage and facial. But if you are looking to counteract the effect of too many calories, I suggest watching your diet and exercise...

I felt like I had an IQ lower than the "Ernest" actor - if that's possible. I looked around to see if I was really on candid camera. I'm only glad the whole experience wasn't on video tape.

You just thought you weren't on tape. I have a copy of the whole thing and unless you give me unreasonable amounts of cash in unmarked bills I'm going to release it to the world.

Tiiiigergirl laughs evilly as she contemplates cruising for a lifetime at BD's expense.:p

I HAD to try.

Instead of that treatment, I recommend going with the seaweed wrap/massage. I had the detox treatment as a demo person many years ago when we first sailed on the Magic. Since I got it free for being the demo person, they didn't do the measurements, but it wasn't something I would do again. On the other hand, the seaweed wrap is awesome! Hubby has even done it twice in one cruise. They have a cellulite mixture, as well as mixtures for relaxation or muscle tension, and I really do feel detoxified after that treatment. It will sweat those toxins right out and relax you (and probably put you to sleep in the bargain).
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter