IOA/USF this past weekend

CPM

<font color=blue>Stands up in the Spider-Man ride
Just thought I'd give you a short update about the parks & resorts this past weekend.
Checked into PBH with no problems. Booked a standard room for $129.00 checked into a beautiful villa room in the main buiding 5th floor with a wonderful view of the whole bay.
spent the day at Universal, slightly crowded, but even if they didn't have expess at the attraction they let you use your resort key to get right in. Very nice!!! We did the whole park in less then 3 hours! Some stuff twice MIB 5 times!
We had a nice dinner at Trattoria Del porto, we all cose the buffet it was very good, antipastos selections, cooked to order pastas & desserts.
My DD & her freind went to HHN, they got their ticket for $20.00, they said it was soooo scarey they cried but loved it!
I went up to Bar American (Thirsty Fish was open but packed!). Had a nice glass of wine & relaxed while my son colored.
Sunday we went to IOA, it was not crowded at all!! Still were able to use our resort key to get express even when the express lines weren't open. We did everything at least three times! Had a wonderful lunch at Mythos!! Asked for thesecondcook but he had just left! :( Went back to PBH & used the pool for awhile. Now we couldn't find a restaurant open!! Trattoria was open but we already ate there so we went to Sunset Grill at HRH, it was dead! The waiter really didn't seem to want to wait on us & there was hardly an item to choose from on the menu! They said they took off a lot of the items since it was so dead, got a pasta dish it was okay. OI took the kids to Hard Rock cafe (seemed very busy) we had some giant ice cream dishes very good! Walked around Citywalk for a while then called it a night.
Monday was extremley dead like a ghost town! We decided to stay at the pool, kids had a ball. Ordered lunch by the pool (only place open for lunch!), then headed home. We had a great time!! PBH was very busy on the weekend and emptied out Sunday night. i was dissapoited in all the restaurant closing, I mean for those of us still going there they should have a few more opne. They were all open on saturday only. I have the list of current hours if anyone needs them.

If you would please post the hours, it would be greatly appreciated! I'm heading up to Orlando on Sunday and staying at the HRH for 3 days. I'm really looking forward to it. I'm doing my part to help the economy. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it):p

You mentioned that the restaurant Trattoria Del porto had a buffet that was very good. What days are they open? What are their hours and how much is it?

Thanks so much!

Donica:bounce:

Originally posted by Donica
If you would please post the hours, it would be greatly appreciated
You mentioned that the restaurant Trattoria Del porto had a buffet that was very good. What days are they open? What are their hours and how much is it?
Donica,
IOA was open 9-6 no EE, USF was open 9-5:50 no EE
Trattoria Del Porta M-W 7a-3p TH-SUN 7a-11
buffet was very good, can't remember the adult price but kids were $9.50, I think it was about $20.00 for adult. lot's of food!!
Mama Della's M-W 5:30-10p, F & S 5:30-10p
Delfino Riviera TH-S 6-10p
Sal's Market deli sat. 11-11
Gelateria Caffe expresso - Temporarily closed :(
Spledido Pizzeria-Temporarily closed :(
Thirsty fish F & S 6p-2a
Bar american M-F 4-12a / S & S 12-12 (ask for Jenn!)
sunset grill at HRH , was open with limited menu
Hillside pool at PBH is temporairly closed
Character dinners have een postponed until further notice :(
Beach pool 10-6 lunch served 11-3
Villa pool 6a-10p
Campo Portofino closed Oct. & Nov.
Camp Lil Rock you need to call, hours change daily
Alamo car rental- Closed until further notice
I didn't notice a lot of closings at Citywalk, but lots of merchant carts & food carts, and fast food place closings at the parks.
Have fun!! Hope this helped.

Yikes! I'm thankful you posted this info. I would have been so bummed to find out Sal's is all but closed. We always get pizza there.

Did you get this list from the front desk by any chance? I'm thinking maybe I'll get them to fax me a list right before we go to see if anything has changed.

Originally posted by nhrenee
Yikes! I'm thankful you posted this info. I would have been so bummed to find out Sal's is all but closed. We always get pizza there.
Did you get this list from the front desk by any chance? I'm thinking maybe I'll get them to fax me a list right before we go to see if anything has changed.

They gave me the list at check in, I'm sure they can fax it to you.
I was bummed that I didn't read the list & ate at Trattoria on Saturday night which left me no alternative for Sunday night!

Thanks Cheryl,

It looks like there is no place to get breakfast to go items at PB.

Originally posted by nhrenee
Thanks Cheryl,
It looks like there is no place to get breakfast to go items at PB.

It says on the sheet juice, coffee & breakfast pastries offered at Trattoria. I'm assuming that means to-go items? Not sure but I just bring pop tarts, donuts & juice boxes(healthy huh?) with me so we don't have to leave the room. There's always the Big$$$ room service!

Do you know if the Artic express in IOA is OPen? Nothing like a funnel cake for breakfest

Originally posted by vwrose14
Do you know if the Artic express in IOA is OPen? Nothing like a funnel cake for breakfest

I didn't notice, sorry. Maybe someone else out there did.

are you talking about the place on the left just before you turn to go to marvel superhero island from port of entry?????:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter