IOA or Universal for high schoolers?

Kohara

Mouseketeer
We can only go to one and I really want to make this trip special for my little brothers who are thrill seekers. Disney is too babyish for them. They don't care about themes or characters. The more intense the better!
I would say IOA would win (haven't been to Universal in 15 years), but my only worry is that there isn't enough rides to fill the day... I don't want to disappoint them. What do you think?

If at all possible, you won’t regret spending more for the park to park tickets.
IOA has Hulk, Dr Doom, Hagrids, Forbidden Journey of rides I would call thrill rides. Hagrids is so new that the line is often at the 2 hour mark.
Universal has Rip Ride Rockit, Gringotts and Mummy. (The last 2 are pretty tame to me but maybe not others).
If they are Harry Potter fans then Universal has a bigger section to explore.
Seaworld might be a better option for you, especially if they like coasters.

If you have to pick one, then Universal Studios would be the one I'd pick. But as others said, park-to-park will get you access to both sides. While it is possible to rides everything in one day, you really don't get to experience the parks. You'll just rush from line-to-line. Express passes would likely be needed if there is any sort of crowd.

It really takes at least 2-3 days to really get through both parks, especially if you are HP fans. We've had 3 trips of 3-5 days each and still find new things to do...

Gotta splurge on the park to park! If you've got marvel or Harry Potter fans (which is basically everyone rn) you gotta do both parks, you won't regret it! It may also be helpful to get the express pass if you've got some thrill seekers! It will make your experience so much better and you'll get your money's worth in the tickets if you're riding rides faster

Pick either, they're both great and both have thrill options. But I suspect they would like Simpson's / MiB, etc. even though they aren't "thrilling," same as Jurassic Park & Kong at IoA. Don't stress over it. Pick whichever & enjoy.

(Although, Sea World tops either for just sheer intensity w/o regard to theme.)

Get park to park! There are rides they would love in both!! And the Hogwarts train ride is fun too :) Even for big kids.

Islands is definitely the more thrilling park, but Studios has some solid stuff as well (it really only has 1 thrill ride though). If possible, a 2 park ticket is the best option there. And if you get express pass, it’s quite easy to ride everything in a single day with repeats at both parks.

SeaWorld has more thrilling coasters than Universal though, so if thrill is all you’re after it’s a great option.
There is also Fun Spot right next to Universal that has 2 coasters (including of one the planet’s highest rated woodens), it’s a great way to add some thrill to a Universal day, it’s usually open later and is much cheaper.
Or if an hour drive to Tampa is an option, Busch Gardens is well beyond the thrill for anything in Orlando.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter