**Introduce yourself!!!**

I remember your mum! Hope she's keeping well.
She is great, thanks! Although quite jealous of my upcoming trip, haha! You may remember our last trip together was shortly after she finished her cancer treatment... She's been in remission for a few years now and on the fifth year (June this year) she will be considered 'cured'! The Disney magic must've helped a little bit :)

Congrats to your Mum Komble, that is great to read. Always nice to hear a positive cancer story.

I am going to quickly introduce myself as I have forgotten to up till now! I used to have a login on this board but forgot it over the years, so had to re-register.

I come from Ireland and have 2 kids 10 and 8. I took them to DLP when they were 5 and 3, and again when they were 6 and 4 and we have not been back since! :( I did sneak in a 2 night trip with just my sister and 2 of our friends a few years ago.

However, this summer we are going to France on the ferry and then onto Germany so I thought we need to get a couple of days at DLP at least!

We've booked Camping Le Chene Gris on a recommendation from this board and staying there for 1 week. We're really excited about this. The kids do not know we are going to DLP so that'll be a fun surprise for them.

DS (10) in particular is dying to go back now that he is tall enough to ride the bigger rollercoasters. The last time I got off Space mountain I was :crazy2: and DH does not do rollercoasters so we'll have to see how that works out!

The reason for my new name is that next year I'll be 40 and we're planning (ok I am planning) a DLP trip for my birthday. My dream is to stay in the Disneyland Hotel. We are planning on buying AP's this summer so that might knock a few euro off the overall cost of the next trip. I know a lot of rides will be closed next year but I'm hoping enough will be open to still enjoy. I also think there's a lot more that I haven't really seen in the parks because of all the mad dashing around between rides, so it'll be nice to take some time to just sit and watch everyone go by.

I'm delighted to be back and reading all the updates and trip reports and such. :rainbow:

Hi! I am Nadine, me and my partner are taking our daughter who will be 4 when we are there and our son who will be 8 months :) we are super excited...well dad's excited for the kids but he's not exactly disney mad lol we are going june 2015 21st to 24th x

Hey everyone!
Trying to plan a trip to DLP for next April/May. I've been a couple of times before but my husband and his two boys have never been. We will have our own 10 month old at that stage too so it'll be a fun trip.
Doing a lot of research at the moment and just trying to figure out the best and easiest way to do it.
Will most likely do the TGV from the airport to DLP and the coach on our return journey.

Has anyone done the TGV? I think it will be fun for the boys to do the "bullet train" :)

Emma

Oh my, I just realised I haven't introduced myself here while being member for quite a few years already.. :oops:

I'm Joyce, I'm 25 years old and I live in The Netherlands. Disney is a big deal for me. Everyday of my life, Disney plays an important part. I'm lucky enough to live a 4,5 hour drive from Disneyland Paris. This November I'll be going for the 22nd time! Me and my mum will be staying in Disney's Newport Bay Club. I can't wait to see the renewed rooms! :goodvibes This is the first time I'm going with just my mum. She hasn't been to Disneyland Paris since I was 12 (we went with our family when I was 4 (1994) and when I was 12 (2002)). This will be just a one time trip, as she's not a specific Disney fanatic as me. Maybe in a few years we'll go again, who knows. So normally, I go to Disneyland Paris with my other half Rik (almost 27) or with one of my best friends, both Disney fans. And, since that friend now has a boyfriend, maybe we can infect him with the Disney virus too and go all together spring 2016. :laughing:

In 2012 we went to Walt Disney World. Now that was a dream coming true. It was amazing. We stayed in Disney's Saratoga Springs for 11 days and had the Deluxe Dining Planning and a park hopper with waterparks. We both loved it and we certainly want to go back, but first we plan to get some things done in and around our house and get married hopefully. :bride: And no, I'm not engaged (yet). :blush: :rotfl: Ofcourse, we'd like to visit all the parks and go cruising with Disney in the future. :love:

Not only do I love the parks, but I also love all other things Disney. Movies, shows, you name it. This year will be my 10th year of visiting Disney On Ice for example. :cheer2: I also visited quite some musicals, Disney in Concert, Disney Sing-a-long, and more. I collect merchandise (snowglobes, Disney Traditions, movies, etcetera), and have quite a collection if I may say so myself. :D I also have my own website about Disney (it's Dutch: www.magieplaza.nl), which contains information about the Disney parks and resorts and publishes Disney news from around the world. Can you say Disney lover? :hyper:

I do have some other hobbies besides Disney (who knew!). We have our own boat which is a nice and easygoing way to realax. :boat: We dance ballroom and latin, planning to go and do competitions soon. I love gaming (Nintendo fan over here! ...and Sims ofcourse!), photography (not very good at it yet though), reading, visiting themeparks, do daytrips, shopping, going on a holiday (okay, who doesn't, but yeah), watching movies/series, go to musicals/shows/cabaret, ......

So I guess that is all I have to share right now. Thanks for reading! :tink:

Last edited:
Hi, I'm Suzi :-)

I'm a massive Disney fan, my favourite character is Ariel.

We're going in 15 days (eek!!) staying at DCR, we last stayed there in 2012. I'm already booked to try out Compass Club in June 2016, along with my family & my parents (seasoned WDW visitors). I'm hoping they'll share my love of DLP, as they've never been before.

I've done WDW 3 times, all before having my 3 children, currently 11 (girl), 8 (girl) and 7 (boy) years. I'm 35 years young & DH is 39 (and a real life Grumpy)

I'm a member of lots of DLP forums & FB sites, but only post on a couple, I'm sometimes afraid of treading on the regulars toes, I'm more of a lurker :-)

:thanks:for reading :-)

Bonjour!

My name is Isabelle and I'm planning our first DLP trip for next summer. We live in Montreal, QC, Canada and usually go to WDW. I just learned that DH will be working in South Korea for 3 months this fall and he told me to choose a fun vacation for next summer to compensate a little. I chose to add a short stay at WDW before our DCL cruise in March and to go to France next summer. We never been to France or Europe before and are looking forward to the new experience. We have friends from Bretagne and will probably travel with them and visit DLP together at the end of July 2016. Thinking of staying at DLP 2 or 3 nights and go to the parks 3 days.

Now I need to read (a lot!) on DLP hotels and restaurants so I can book our trip soon! If you have any suggestions, they are welcome!

Hello! My name is Kim, and my DH is Dan. We have 3 kids, our son is 10, our daughters are 3 and 5 now. We are Disney obsessed! My husband and I are celebrating our anniversary, and we're taking our first trip across the pond to visit, Paris, and of course that includes a stop at DLP! We couldn't be more excited for our trip! At this time I'm also busy planning our first ever Disney Cruise for January on board the Magic. Shh... The kids don't know yet. It will be a surprise gift from Santa.

Hiya! My name is Jo!
Since before i can remember i was raised alongside the Disney universe and the imagination that it had to offer. I can remember the joy it would bring me when my mum would take me to the shops to purchase another Disney classic!
When i was 7 my mum and dad decided that it was time for me to experience all the Disney universe had to offer and we all took the trip to Florida for two weeks. That’s the only time i have ever been to a Disney park and im sad to say i don’t remember a lot, just the utter magic of walking down main street.
I’m here to find people that share my passion of Disney! I’d love to go to Paris soon only problem is nobody in my life really get the appeal!
My favourite movie is hands down The Little Mermaid! You can’t beat the classics!

Lovely to read about everyone :goodvibes
I'm sometimes afraid of treading on the regulars toes, I'm more of a lurker :-)
No worries of that on here, we're one big happy family so post away as much as you want. :goodvibes

Hi I'm Karen just joined here to get some wonderful tips.

I have booked a very special surprise trip in July for myself (33) my husband (37) my mother (58) and our little girl Amy who will be 7.

My mothers first ever trip to any disney resort and she is a Disney nut ... She has no idea she is going neither does our daughter we will tell them at Dublin airport the morning we leave.

Booked the Newport bay hotel - a compass club family room so hopefully this will be I've with all the extras you get.

Salut!

I'm Tina, I'm now 40 (GASP!) and I'm the biggest Disney Freak in PEI, Canada. My family all know it and the students at my school (I'm a French Immersion teacher, so I teach French to non French speakers) will come up to me to tell me about their trips to Disney World. This will be my first time at DLP, and my first time in Paris (besides the time I flew from Rome through CDG), so I'm extremely excited. I'm walking the Camino de Santiago this summer and then adding on a few days in Paris and a few days at DLP. French and Disney are such a big part of my life that I just couldn't resist, no matter what the cost! Oh and I'll be going solo, as I'm a single lady. :) Maybe it's a little 40th birthday present to me!

Hello Everyone,

I thought I would say hi :wave2: as I will be traveling down to Disneyland Paris on the 1st March. We will be staying in the Davy Crockett Ranch :banana: this will be a birthday surprise for my OH....we're all super excited :scared1:

Is anyone staying around the same time?

Bye for now :tinker:

Hello My Name is Doris. I live in Northern Italy. We are originally from New Orleans, Louisiana USA. Married to my husband William and we have two girl 3 and 8. We last went to WDW in May of 2016 and spent 10 days at the Polynesian resort. IT was amazing it was my husbands and kids first time at Disney. I went once when I was 11 years old in in 1993 but don't remember too much. WE had a blast at WDW last summer and this July we are heading to Paris. Our first time and we are very excited to go. Also planning a trip to Tokyo Disney around Christmas as we are also moving to Japan this year. Very excited to read up about disneyland paris here on the boards.

I did the Camino, but no Disney, but it's still on my bucket list! I will get there. :)
Salut!

I'm Tina, I'm now 40 (GASP!) and I'm the biggest Disney Freak in PEI, Canada. My family all know it and the students at my school (I'm a French Immersion teacher, so I teach French to non French speakers) will come up to me to tell me about their trips to Disney World. This will be my first time at DLP, and my first time in Paris (besides the time I flew from Rome through CDG), so I'm extremely excited. I'm walking the Camino de Santiago this summer and then adding on a few days in Paris and a few days at DLP. French and Disney are such a big part of my life that I just couldn't resist, no matter what the cost! Oh and I'll be going solo, as I'm a single lady. :) Maybe it's a little 40th birthday present to me!

I'm Liz and live near Liverpool with my OH and our 2 daughters (5 and 2.5) and son (1) We're off to DLRP in June, staying at Davy Crockett ranch for 4 nights. It'll be my 8th trip but the rest of my family's first :) I used to be a regular poster on the dis a number of years ago but my last Disney trip was in 2010, can't wait to be back!!

Hi all.

I did post in the main welcome thread but thought I would drop a little line here as well. I'm Alice and I split my time between the UK (near Leeds) and the US (Baltimore). I'm off to DLP in a few weeks for my 2nd trip (5 nights at the Sequoia) and couldn't be happier. I usually visit WDW but figured I should start taking advantage of this living in the UK part time thing to branch out :) Some day I would love to see all the international parks and maybe a cruise though I'm not a big boat person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter