Internet Explorer Access Broken

writerguyfl

DIS Veteran
Some change that was done between yesterday and today (Friday, May 25, 2018) has broken access to the forum site via Internet Explorer 11. The disboards.com home page appears as normal:

disboards-homepage.jpg

When you click on one of the sub-forums (like this Technical Support one), I get this:

disboards-techforum-error.jpg

When you click on any link on that sub-forum, I get a generic error page:

disboards-errormessage.jpg

If I had to guess, I'd look for problems in a script (probably javascript) that handles each browser differently. I can fully access the site via Firefox Quantum and Opera.

Ditto for me! I can access site through Bing but not Google!.....Is Tech support listening????? They need to correct this!

Is Tech support listening????? They need to correct this!

It's a holiday weekend. I'm going to be patient until tomorrow. This is a free site, after all.

This website is jam-packed with ads and widgets. My guess is that one of those changed and that's breaking this site. The people handling this stuff for Disboards might not know this is problem if they took the holiday weekend off.

There have been no updates or changes with the base software. I will have to check with Corey and see if it might be an ad issue.

Actually this site is not free to the companies who choose to advertise here. It is also the reason I choose not to quote OP due to the reason they come across as judgemental.

Still having the problem on my computer at work and home pc today. Very frustrating! I need my DIS!

(But I can access it on my iPhone.)

There have been no updates or changes with the base software. I will have to check with Corey and see if it might be an ad issue.
I’m hoping Corey can fix the problem.

ETA: i’d Like to change my signature, but it is kinda hard to do from my iPhone!

Is there an update for this? Having same issue and been without Disboards all week, only allowed to use IE11 on work computer. Can access via my phone though.

Are we sure it's a DISboards issue? Could it be an IE issue? Sorry, don't know a lot about "computer stuff".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter