Interesting Side Effect of Marathon Weekend

ckb_nc

DIS Veteran
Ran the Half on Saturday. I found the most interesting thing of the weekend across all the parks was the relative scarcity of ECVs. Was at WDw in mid-October and ECVs were simply overwhelming at times, especially in EPCOT. It was very noticeable, especially at MK on both Friday during the day and Saturday night. Of course, the marathon crowd is more fit by nature, but it was still quite amazing how different the parks felt.

I concur! I also ran the half, and we were there Wednesday morning through Sunday night. Now, there were times after Saturday morning I FELT as if I should use an ECV, but I powered through! :D

I was with two of my sisters and my adult daughter. We all felt there were many fewer ECVs that a typical visit.

I have noticed that at SeaWorld and Universal as well for some reason (less ECVs), but I’m not sure how it feels different?

I have noticed that at SeaWorld and Universal as well for some reason (less ECVs), but I’m not sure how it feels different?

Probably because it's easier to walk/maneuver. Epcot World Showcase walkways are especially difficult to walk through when it's crowded with ECVs. Not a complaint, just an observation. :)

Probably because it's easier to walk/maneuver. Epcot World Showcase walkways are especially difficult to walk through when it's crowded with ECVs. Not a complaint, just an observation. :)

EPCOT especially around Mexico, France, and England with a bunch of ECVs can get real congested - it was still congested but more free flowing. At MK, the flow of traffic was not nearly as challenging.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!