Interesting research into autism

Yes interesting article and ideas, most of which are already know by those deep into the science. unfortunately, with Autism being so complex it is still far from a unified theory and discounts or ignores other data needed to have a full understanding. Once we have full genome studies and identify all the sequences that are different in ASD individuals and determine there neurological impact, only then will we really be able to figure out this "different species" and the overlap with our base evolution

Thanks, I found this article interesting. It demonstrates how wide the spectrum is, and how challenging it can be to find common ground. Probably one of the most difficult challenges I face is the fact that often there isn't much common ground from one person with ASD to another. I tend to try to make sense of things by sorting, or looking for similiarities/differences.

As the parent of a child with ASD, I've learned to try to be more comfortable with the unknown, and just go along til I find something that makes sense.

Fascinating. Ever bit more we know or even theorize expands the body of our knowledge. My husband is an Aspie - his behavior mirrors some of the insights in the article.

While the father made quite a few assumptions (not proven) based on the actions of his child, I found it summed up the basic idea of autism quite nicely.

I also saw that it strengthened my theory - a 'quirky', intense father presages an autistic child. To me (and it's just my theory) it seems like the father has a mild version, and the child gets a more intense version. I definitely see a genetic, inherited part to it.

I also saw that it strengthened my theory - a 'quirky', intense father presages an autistic child. To me (and it's just my theory) it seems like the father has a mild version, and the child gets a more intense version. I definitely see a genetic, inherited part to it.
I totally agree with your theory, and so does my geneticist and pediatrician. There is a reason why people with autistic children tend to have more than one child on the spectrum. One of my childhood friends has a child with ASD. She swears it is from the MMR vaccine. I've never said anything, but she and her brother and her father (so the kid's uncle and grandfather) are all "quirky" and have several ASD traits. Her mother (who works with autistic kids) also noticed something was different about him as an infant, before he even started vaccinations. But her second child didn't get vaccinated and doesn't have ASD so she swears that proves her point. She is about to have her third, and I don't know what she will do if the child turns out to be on the spectrum even though it won't be vaccinated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter