Interesting fact about Oxygen setups at WDW

ElaineM43

Earning My Ears
It's a good thing I'm an old hand at using oxygen as I had an interesting discussion with my medical company and the one we will be using down at Disney.

I only have to use the oxygen at night (for those of you who have been following I flunked my test the other night :( )

Anyway, if you are all ready on oxygen, chances are the company you use at home has a deal with another company down in Florida so it won't cost you extra to rent oxygen for your vacation. The problem lies with Disney of all people.

Just like the scooters, Disney will not allow the medical company access to your room to leave medical equipment and they have to leave the oxygen in care of bell services and you are on your own to set it up and get the flow right. For anybody who is new to oxygen therapy, this is a scary thought as all sorts of things could be wrong with the concentrator or the flow at first.

I really, really, think that Disney should reconsider this policy as the company I"m using is out of Kissamee and I would much rather they have it all set up and tested before we ever hit the room.

Elaine
When you wish upon a star...

You will need to be in the room for them to access it. I have seen this done at FTW where the medical supply company had to set up a hospital bed for a guest and remove the bunk beds.
Disney and the medical company did this together.

Pooh Bear

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter