Interested in WDW Alot

MsTiauna27

Ms. Pin Trader
I have been dying to go to WDW but I am super scared of flying. I am hearing any other form of transportation will take a long time. Everyone I know is not interested in going so I figured that if I want to go then I am just going to have do it alone. After reading about the premiere pass, I am not sure which is the better value between paying for a 7 day stay or a premiere pass. Looks like a value resort is the best affordable way to go. How much money would it take to have a great time for 7 days at WDW? Unsure about what to do?

Hi :wave: hope I can help!

First, I've heard of some people getting some Vallium or something similar from their doctors for flying. You're not the only one, so I'm sure your doctor would be able to suggest something.

Then, try to fly into MCO, there's also Sanford International in Orlando, but you can't get Magical Express from there. Magical Express is a luggage service as well as a transportation service to and from the airport, so long as you stay on property, it's free. I've used it before, very simple! Very convienent!

I would recommend Pop Century sans car. It's the only value that doesn't share busses--in other words, they have dedicated service. I've stayed at Pop and All Star Music, the theming of the value resorts is really neat, and especially if you're going by yourself, it's definitely do-able for a few days. With a family of four, the rooms seem to be small, but when I went to both I was with one other person and had plenty of space.

If you're thinking of the Premier Pass, the advantage for you would be that you'd have access to the resort discounts at WDW, usually it's somewhere around 30-40% off values! If not, the values comparitively cheap, so I'd definitely do a break-even to see which would work better. Remember that at WDW you have 2 choices for your 7 day pass (if that's the route you want to go!) You have the Magic Your Way (MYW) pass that allows one day/one park admission for each of those 7 days or you have the Parkhopper option, which allows you to go to and from any park during the 7 days. The nice thing about it, is that you don't have to decide on the parkhopper option until you're there. It's about $50 more for any ticket, so my suggestion is to get the 7 day one day/one park pass and decide once you're down there if you'll need the parkhopper. If you don't, you've just saved yourself $50! There's also the non-expiration option, but honestly, it's not worth it unless you know when you'll be heading back...the regular tickets expire 14 days from first use, check out www.undercovertourist.com for cheapie tickets.

I've gone to the parks and done strictly counter service and had a great time, so if you're keeping budget in mind, don't feel like you have to do a sit down meal every day. You certainly won't be eating burgers & fries every day! (I've done 2 Dining Reports on the Quick Service DP, links are in my signature.) You don't really need to do a dining plan, as a solo person, I don't think it would be worth it, IMHO. I think it's a better deal to book everything separate if you have the time.

That's a brief overview, please don't hesitate if you have more questions! I'd be happy to answer them :)

How much money would you say it would cost to have fairly fun vacation in WDW while at a value resort with premiere pass and cost at a value resort with a park hopper? I am a shopaholic so money amount must be included for souvenirs.

Might want to also post in the WDW forum instead of DL, they might be a little more knowledgeable on prices :)

Okay, this is just some estimates to give you an idea of cost. I did the travel dates as Oct 2-9th, which might be a little longer than what you had planned but I just picked a Sat to a Sat.

Ticket from LAX to MCO is about $500
Stay at POP Century in standard room is about $850
Premiere Passport $700
I usually do about $35 a day for food for a week $280
Shopping, really depends but I budgeted $300

Total $2630

This is also without the potential discount for a room using the Premiere Pass so it might end up being a little cheaper than the above amount.

The premiere pass includes park hopping. However, for a non-Disney World vet, I would consider not park hopping. You'll be frustrated with the time it takes to get from one park to the other. Everything is really spaced out. You can easily spend a day in each park especially if you've never been there so hopping isn't necessary.

Definitely take advantage of Magical Express. It's pretty slick. And you don't have to rent a car!

I agree that POP Century buses are really great. It's nice not to have to stop at another resort to drop people off at the end of the day.

Make sure you read up on WDW before you go. There is a lot to it!

Hi :wave: hope I can help!
If you're thinking of the Premier Pass, the advantage for you would be that you'd have access to the resort discounts at WDW, usually it's somewhere around 30-40% off values!

Okay, this is just some estimates to give you an idea of cost. I did the travel dates as Oct 2-9th, which might be a little longer than what you had planned but I just picked a Sat to a Sat.

Ticket from LAX to MCO is about $500
Stay at POP Century in standard room is about $850
Premiere Passport $700
I usually do about $35 a day for food for a week $280
Shopping, really depends but I budgeted $300

Total $2630

This is also without the potential discount for a room using the Premiere Pass so it might end up being a little cheaper than the above amount.

OMG! Do you mean to tell me that if one has the Premier AP you can ge room discounts up to 40% off? Is that all year round, or is it only during select times like the DL AP rates? If it's all year round, I am so getting this AP for my next WDW trip so I can go to DL too! :cool1:

OMG! Do you mean to tell me that if one has the Premier AP you can ge room discounts up to 40% off? Is that all year round, or is it only during select times like the DL AP rates? If it's all year round, I am so getting this AP for my next WDW trip so I can go to DL too! :cool1:

Here's some info about the AP at WDW: http://allears.net/pl/apass.htm

You don't need the Premier pass necessarily, but considering you're a DL person, it might make more sense. The discounts on the room are usually released a few months out for a certain period of time. What I did when I had an AP is call and book a room only reservation. Then I watched Mousesavers and the DIS to look for the release of the AP rates. http://www.mousesavers.com/disneyresorts.html#ap

Some dates do get blacked out or booked up fast, so you need to watch for that. Most of the black out dates are for holidays like Easter, Christmas, and the 4th of July. If you're not going during those times, you'll probably do alright.

Here's some info about the AP at WDW: http://allears.net/pl/apass.htm

You don't need the Premier pass necessarily, but considering you're a DL person, it might make more sense. The discounts on the room are usually released a few months out for a certain period of time. What I did when I had an AP is call and book a room only reservation. Then I watched Mousesavers and the DIS to look for the release of the AP rates. http://www.mousesavers.com/disneyresorts.html#ap

Some dates do get blacked out or booked up fast, so you need to watch for that. Most of the black out dates are for holidays like Easter, Christmas, and the 4th of July. If you're not going during those times, you'll probably do alright.

Cool! Thanks for the info.

For cost analysis WDW is a lot different from DL. Mostly because of the on site hotels and dining plan. In DL staying onsite is for a small percent of the guests as you know. In DL there are dining options right across the street but in WDW it takes a car to ge to McDonalds.

If you get the Premier Passport you just need to pay the difference to get it upto $700. So if you by a 7 day park hopper for WDW, it's just about the same as upgrading from a DL premium annual pass.

As a passholder I think you would get at least 10% off rooms, food and merchadise.
If you get a dining plan you can get 20% off food. But that's not nessecarily for you. The restraunts in WDW are great. They are a big component of the trip so I wouldn't overlook that.

From Ontario I'd guess it's about $300 to Orlando. From LAX probably more flight options so it could drop by $25 or 50.
Tickets 300+flight 300+ room 575 + food 280+ souveniors 75=1330
Sounds about right maybe add 100 for FL taxes or leave as is for a passholder with minimum discount of 10%.

Another vote for Pop Century! We've stayed there and Carribean Beach and Pop Century is more convenient for buses and food IMO. CB was beautiful, but Pop Century had better bus service and the food court had more options. Their gift shop was alot bigger, too!

We love their dining plan. We go with the plan that has one snack, one counter service, and one sit down meal for each day of your stay. For me, planning on where we're eating is just as much of an experience as what you're doing in the parks! So many awesome choices!

We've flown into both the airports. From Sanford we rented a car because it was cheaper to rent a car for a week than it was to hire a driver. Flying into Orlando International is a breeze with the Magical Express. No worries about how to get there. Disney does it for you!

Spending money....that can vary greatly. There are alot of places to shop. Lots of fun things. Depends on what you're looking for.

I don't know about the ticket options. We've done hoppers each time we've went, and another time we did hoppers with the water park option added on. I really like the hopper option. Alot of flexibility with the hopper.

I hope you go to WDW! I absolutely love it there. We're getting ready for our first DLR trip in a few weeks, and I'm excited about that! I know it's different, but I am sure I will love every minute of it!

Now I will definitely stay at the Pop Century Sans site. I am thinking about going around the holidays therefore maybe I can find someone to come with me. I just might upgrade to the premier pass because I have to renew in December anyway so it would be perfect timing.

The beginning of December is supposed to be an awesome time to go! You're in between the Thanksgiving and Christmas crowds. Check and see when they are taping the Christmas parade...that might be something you want to see OR avoid! :)

We've been there twice in November. The Christmas decorations are AWESOME! The Osbourne lights are fantastic! We were able to go to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party our first trip and had a great time. We didn't participate in the party type things...we were too busy riding rides! We've never been there to see the Santa's around the world at the World Showcase at Epcot. I'd LOVE to see that. And I'd love to see the Candlelight Processional. (I'm getting so excited just talking about this, I just might have to go with you! LOL)

I just decided that we'll do DW next year. It does look overwhelming, but I've been reading trip reports by DL vets, which helps. There's one woman who went recently (maybe Mari?) and rented a house w/ her fam. The house was beautiful, cost was minimal, and it worked out for them.

Best time to go is right after Thanksgiving, but before timeframe around December 9-14. WDW hosts the cheerleaders (tween-teen variety) around the second week of December. From what I have read they can really impact your vacation unless you don't mind listening to them cheer during bus rides and attractions, line-cutting, and early morning practice "wake up calls" at the hotels. I guess the chaparones vary from very diligent to little if any supervision.

we have been at WDW during Pop Warner or Cheer/dance at least 3 times, and have never been impacted. I have hardly even seen them. Of course we stay at the Swan......I think they hang out at the budgets.

I was in WDW during a Dance championship. I just didn't look at staying at ASSR and CBR, I look at their official site that had info on how they could plan or use their package for their trip. It said it had those options to stay and when they would be in the parks. So I just planned around them and barely saw any of them.

I Just returned from a 7 day 6 night solo trip. I am an avid Disneyland lover!! Stayed at the pop century. Absolutely loved it. This was also my first visit. The final cost was 1600 for the room, tickets and Quick service dining plan. My plane tickets were 350. I also had a 300 gift card included in the package. Get some Valium and have a nice flight, it will be worth it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter