• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Insurance ?

ksucats

DIS Veteran
We booked a few weeks ago, but don't travel until March. We haven't paid in full yet either. I always booked DCL insurance in the past, because I liked the fact that we could cancel for any reason and not lose the value of our cruise. To me, that was worth the extra $ when sailing Disney. I see that RCL offers something similar with Cruise Care. I am trying to figure out if I can add that to my existing reservation online. I will continue to look, but if somebody knows what to do, I would appreciate the help.

I would get insurance on my own. It's cheaper and usually better coverage. I went though "insure my trip" and ended up getting Allianz insurance.

I ended up calling. It ended up being close to $300 which is about 10% of the cruise fare. Probably a little high, just like with DCL, but it gives me peace of mind knowing that if something comes up after the cancellation date that I am not out $3k.

I got on my own. Insure My Trip is a good place to compare policies.

I got on my own. Insure My Trip is a good place to compare policies.
I have read reports about families who had emergencies on board and how much easier the situation was because they had insurance through the cruise line. Do they make it as easy on you if your insurance is through another provider?

I have read reports about families who had emergencies on board and how much easier the situation was because they had insurance through the cruise line. Do they make it as easy on you if your insurance is through another provider?

I have only cruised a few times, never bought via cruise line but never had to use. My cousin is a regular cruiser, never buys via cruise line and has used it with no problems. I guess go with what you are comfortable with.

My biggest issue was having plenty of coverage for emergency evacuation. Just got home from a cruise on Saturday. An hour after we left Cozumel, Captain came on and said we were returning because of a medical emergency. We were talking and wondering when do they not turn around and use a helicopter. Cousin said it was her understanding the guest will pay for the helicopter so it would have to be a big emergency ..... and that is where the insurance comes into play for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter