Insurance Question

jshadd

Mouseketeer
DVC Insurance is a bit confusing to me, but after 2 calls to member services, I'm getting a better understanding. So the way I understand it is, if I use points from 2 different use years to reserve a room that is later canceled and covered by insurance, I get 100% of the maintenance cost back if I have policies for both use years. I also get per trip benefits to recoup other out of pocket expenses.

What if I only have a policy for one of the use years. I understand that I'd only get the maintenance cost reimbursement on the points I have a policy for, but would I get the other per trip benefits? I'm told by member services that yes, that is the case. If I use multiple use years to reserve a vacation but one of the use years' points are very small, it may not be cost-effective to purchase two $99/policy, especially if I can get the other benefits with the single policy.

Can anyone confirm?

When I checked into it a few years ago, I don’t think you had the option to choose how many UYs to purchase, If you want a trip covered and it uses more than one UY of points...you have to purchase it for both.

Along the same theme... ("Insurance"):
We are taking our first DVC trip in Oct 2021 and travelling with my in-laws. My MIL has had some health scares in the past. Is anyone aware of any travel insurance that will cover more than just the maintenance fees if the trip is cancelled? I'd love it if there was some reimbursement for the points, especially if it was past our banking deadline, etc.

Thanks!

Along the same theme... ("Insurance"):
We are taking our first DVC trip in Oct 2021 and travelling with my in-laws. My MIL has had some health scares in the past. Is anyone aware of any travel insurance that will cover more than just the maintenance fees if the trip is cancelled? I'd love it if there was some reimbursement for the points, especially if it was past our banking deadline, etc.

Thanks!

You mean the value of the points if rented? No, because you didn't rent them to someone. You paid maintenance fees for them, which is what insurance companies will pay...the cost to the person who is seeking reimbursement.

Other costs? Depends on whether it's a covered reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter