(Inspired by Towncrier) My mechanic just called again...oh my goodness! Warning, vent

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.
I know John (Towncrier) is having problems with his Saturn and I think his mini-van, too. Good luck, John.

Well...I decided to take my 1989 Nissan Maxima to a new mechanic to have it checked out before going to Walt Disney World.

Lol...I did not want anything to go wrong driving down there.

Plus, I will be giving several DISers rides from the airports...lol. I am just trying to be careful.

Well...I told Mr. Walker that I had my engine overhauled three years ago, and it runs good.

I was more concerned with my brakes being O.K., since they haven't been checked in four years. They seem to work fine, but I will be responsible for the safety of several DISers, and I want to make sure that they were O.K..

I also wanted an oil change performed. And a tune-up, if necessary. Just make sure that everything will work for my long trip.

And I told him that I replaced a new battery about three months ago. And that I had my air-conditioning coolant refilled, but it wasn't cooling properly again.

So...Monday, directly after I got off work, I dropped my car off, and rented my first rental car.

Can you believe that I have never rented a rental car...lol. I've always been able to use the local mass transportation bus/train system.

They gave me a brand new Dodge Neon car. It is a little small for my size, but cool at the same time. Great radio. New car smell, too...lol.

Later that afternoon, I called to check on the progress an he told me some fairly good news.

My brakes were fine.

But my air conditioning coolant was empty.

Total price was $173.00 for all the other stuff done.

But...then he listed a few other things that I should be alright with, but may need attention with later.

He thought that I could do without my air-conditioning until Spring, but I asked if he could go ahead and fix it.

He said sure, but that I should do a leak check first ($100.00) just to make sure that it wasn't the compressor.

He also said that my axal needed some attention, along with my power steering, and some other hoses, etc. Price was edging higher and higher. I did stop by the credit union after work to get some money...lol

Well...I had been awake...obviously not at the time...for about 24 hours after working all night...and I said go ahead and check it all out.

Yesterday he called me and asked me if I had turned on my car starter security system.

I paused...and said I really don't have one to turn on, because all that I have to do is lock the door.

Well...he told me that my car won't turn on. That just my lights work.

Eeeeeeeecccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!

Now, Wednesday, he calls again, and says the same thing...oh my goodness.

But he is still working on it.

I now have an upset stomach.

I hope that he figures this out.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Ray :)

I sure hope he can get your car running well before DISCON. {{{HUGS}}} sweetie, hope it isn't <b>too</b> expensive.

:( :( :( I hate car troubles! :( :( :(

Any chance of you buying a brand new Ford F350 between now and DIS-Con? ;) :teeth: :p J/K I hope they can fix it Ray. What a mess! Same thing always happens to us when we take it in for an oil change or tune-up......it ALWAYS needs more than we thought. :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear that Ray

The car probably has an anti theft device. I hate ours. I went to Walmart one day ran in got a few things and came back out to the car. Went to start it and nothing. Waited a few minutes and nothing. Well I knew what it was because it had happened before and we had to have the car towed and everything. Yuck! Of course it was drizzling and I had to walk home about 3/4 of a mile or so. Joe goes back to the car drives it home it started fine for him. Figures. Of course, I get the look: Sure it didn't start for you dear.

But things will work out, Ray. Sending pixie dust for your car and thinking happy thoughts.

Assuming my van gets fixed, the offer still stands for me to swing by and pick you up Ray. Sue tells me that the van will be in the shop Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of next week. I sure hope I get it back before Turkey Day.

Good luck with your car problems. See you soon, Mr. Goodwrench willing. :)

Aww, John, that is nice of you to offer to pick up Ray. You guys are the best! :)

Yikes Ray!!! When it rains it pours.
I hope it doesn't cost too much money and you have it ready soon and it runs without problems. {{{{hugs}}}}}}}

You guys are making me nervous! :eek: I just made an appointment this morning for Monday for a simple oil change, new wipers, and normal transmission maintenance. After reading about all these car problems, I'll be afraid to drop the car off!

Sorry about your car troubles, Ray--hope the bill is not too large!

Thank you, John and everyone for your good wishes.

John, I check in to the Dolphin on Saturday, November 30, 2002, and Dan Murphy has invitd me to dinner and to see Roy Disney at the Candlelight Processional(thank you, again).

So I_made plans to arrive in Orlando on Friday, November 29, 2002. I just have to see Spectromagic at Magic Kingdom.

I'm trying to get a stardard room at the WL or AK for three days on November 28, 29, 30.

And I am playing chauffeur from the airport and to the store, like you, also...lol.

I'll be waiting by the phone to hear from the mechanic tomorrow...lol.

He hasn't been able to turn on the car for two days now...eeeeeekkkkkk!!!!

Ray :)

Oh goodness Ray! I hope it's not too expensive to fix! You're leaving before me, but if you are returning the same day as me (12/8), then I will be happy to offer you a ride. :)

Sorry to hear about your car Ray. Sending pixie dust your way
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter