Inspired by MimiQ's thread- what is your daughter wearing to Homecoming?

luvflorida

DIS Veteran
My daughter, (HS Freshman), is going to her first Homecoming next Saturday. It is a semi-formal, which the school states as "girls- a nice skirt or dress, (not Prom dress), and boys- shirt and tie."

We went dress shopping today and she found a really cute dress. I was hesitant at first because it is a strapless dress and wasn't sure if it would be appropriate. She tried it on and it looked really nice on her so we bought it. The dress is black with a little bit of pink lace around the bottom. It is fitted, but not at all skimpy. It fully covers everything, (except that it is strapless), and the length falls to a little bit below her knees. My main concern was that the dress look age-appropriate, especially because she is small and looks younger than her age. If I learn how to post a picture, I will do so.

Anyway, what is your daughter wearing to Homecoming? I know there will be lots of girls at my daughter's school showing up in Prom type gowns, or short-short dresses. For their 8th grade graduation ceremony they were asked to wear a dress like they would wear to a nice restaurant. Well, I can't tell you how many long, formal dresses I saw that night!:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter