Inspired by Disney ROFR points….

Maistre Gracey

DIS Veteran
Points are only a representation of owned real estate. IE: ..004% of 34C, represented by 125 points (example only).

If several sells at a sold out resort, then someone wants to purchase 350 points, what does their contract read?? .004% of 44b, plus .001 37c, plus .007of 95b…

Get my point?? They are selling fractions of units, only represented by points.

AFAIK, DVD only sells contracts with points from ONE unit. For your example, DVD cannot sell a contract for 350 points if there isn't a unit that has that amount available..

I believe that one of the ROFR criteria is the unit number. That is why we sometimes see two seemingly "identical contracts" treated differently in ROFR - one passes and one does not. The one that is taken is associated with a unit that DVD wants/needs.

If they do not have enough points in a single unit, then you are sold multiple contracts in different units, that end up with the total number of points. For example, I might want 200 points and they have 100 deeded to Unit 1A and 100 deeded to Unit 2A...I end up with two different contracts with 100 points each...not a single 200 point contract.

If you want a large scale number of points, and it would take lots of contracts to do that, I have been told that they will say they don't have enough to sell you.

I understand that DVC are Right To Use (with expiration date) rather than ownership (perpetual)

Once they had a similar problem with UY, but it's been a few years since they've changed the POSs to include the possibility of changing the UY of points they own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter