Inspired by all the Stroller threads...a poll!

How many strollers do you own???

• I'm not obsessed, I only have 1 stroller!

• I don't have a stroller fedish, I only have 2 strollers!

• I only have a little problem with strollers, I have 3 strollers!

• There's nothing wrong with 4 strollers, is there?

• What? Doesn't everyone own 5 strollers?

• Ok, I have 6 or more strollers, but I'm not a strollerholic, really!

Results are only viewable after voting.

beattyfamily

DIS Cast Member
Well, I was inspired by the other stroller threads...it appears that many here are like me and have many strollers and are always finding a new better one for their Disney trip!

I have/had 6 strollers!!!! plus, I've already gotten rid of 3; one in a garage sale (jogger), one double side-by-side that bit the dust after our 2001 trip to WDW and one we left at Santa's Village by accident and I loved that stroller!!

Reasons I was not happy and wanted more...

The Sit and Stand was too bulky for WDW but good when DD was a baby.

The basic umbrella stroller has no basket and hurts my husband's back.

The Elmo stroller has a basket but really hurts my husband's back!

The double side-by-side is good for WDW with our 2 DD's and we'll still use it from time to time.

The one we left at Santa's Village (boo hoo)

The lightweight nicer umbrella stroller hurts our backs and has no cup holder and no basket (but it's really lightweight)...very nice otherwise.

Finally, the one I bought last week was because for this year's WDW trip our older DD (7) doesn't want to be in a stroller so we won't need the double side-by-side...so I bought a very nice lightweight stroller with a basket, canopy, reclines, cup holders, stands by itself when closed, locks shut by itself for her for WDW!!!

How many do (did you) have and does you DH think you are obsessed and crazy like mine does????

Be honest;)

Well, 5, but ....
The Evenflo is too small now--good for an infant but not a 3 year old....
The first Graco is old and yucky and has a cracking wheel......
The Emmaljunga is great for around the house but too big to load on the buses at WDW......
The second Graco is fine and has barely been used because......
I finally got a Maclaren and it is great!

2 for the twins....we only use one now....they're beginning to out grow the strollers....

3 for the triplets...a double an two singles....

and 2 on the way....for WDW!!

There's the camping stroller

the double stroller

the stroller we gave away to someone who needed it

the stroller left in the car

the stroller left in Florida

the umbrella stroller

and of course, the WDW STROLLER!

Are we starting a support group?!:p

I am really un-obsessed! ;) I hate strollers and always use a sling or baby bjorn at home. We just bought a stroller to take to WDW because I don't think I can sling dd all day. We bought a Zooper and it looks pretty cool, but I feel so funny pushing it. DD definitely prefers the higher up view provided by the sling/bjorn.

2 kids --- 6 strollers total :eek:

Next trip --- strollerless!:Pinkbounc !:Pinkbounc !
My husband has been looking forward to this for many years now.

5, but 3 are going bye-bye tomorrow (I'm having a rummage sale)

1st stroller was a cheapo travel system (stroller and infant car seat). I got a deal on it at $60, but it didn't hold up very well. For the price, can't complain -- it lasted almost 2 years.

2nd stroller was a $20 Kolcraft umbrella stroller which I got for airport and travel use. Nothing wrong with it; I just have 2 kids now (going on 3) so we need a double at least.

3rd stroller was a used Emmaljunga I won off ebay. I absolutely HATE that thing -- fixed wheels are not my friend.

4th stroller (which I'm keeping) is a $40 lightweight stroller which reclines; it has sufficient basket, cup holder, etc. and is my mall stroller when I have just the baby with me.

5th stroller (also a keeper) is my Mountain Buggy Urban Double. PRICEY, but SOOOOO worth it. I promised dh that if he let (yeah, like he ever had a say) me get it, I'd sell my other strollers. Having just returned from our DL trip, he's now a MBUD advocate himself. Watching other parents struggle with bulky tandems while we steered our little SBS go-cart with ease gave him a whole new appreciation.

Well, at least I am not the only one with more than 6 strollers! LOL!!!! & that is not counting a couple of umbrella strollers I have or have given away in the past-lol!!

1--Evenflo car seat/ stroller combo-hated it but still use for daycare purposes :(
2-Maclaren Vogue-Loved it!:) but stolen while at WDW :(
3-Combi Travel Savvy-lightweight & folds so easy! Love that it stands on its own unlike every other umbrella stroller! :)
4-Silver Cross pram :)
5-Aprica --very old but a nice stroller! :)
6-Ingelsina Zippy-cool colors but not my fave :confused:
7-....drum roll please....Mountain Buggy Terrain Triple! The best wad of dough I ever spent on a multiple stroller and well worth every penny! bounce:

8.Don't know if this counts as a stroller but it is certainly a kid-mover! I have a 6 person Bye-Bye Buggie I bought used from another daycare (mine is bright blue). Here's a link to see this monster!
http://daycareuniverse.com/bye-bye-buggies.htm

It all started the first time I took DS to the UK to visit the family, when I had occasion to notice that American buggies are really poorly engineered compared to European ones. (BTW, I should note that my DH agrees with me on that much. When DS still used a buggy all the time, DH made sure to put the Maclaren in the trunk of *his* car! He's sold on superior engineering.)

I started relatively cheap, my first super-umbrella was $50; it was steel. Then I upgraded to a Chicco Fly, all the while lusting after a Maclaren. Eventually, on another trip to the UK, I sprang for the Maclaren. A year ago, I found a beautiful floor-sample Peg Pliko going for a song, so I indulged myself with that, too. I also had 3 US-style strollers that I got as gifts when my son was born; two of them are long gone at yard sales, but we kept the Rock n' Roller pram, because while it is useless for travel, it was great for soothing a colicky child. So one child, 5 yrs, 7 buggies. (It turns out that we will be getting a little more practical use out of the collection after all, I just discovered we are expecting another "gift" this Christmas!)

I no longer pass this off as the hunt for the perfect buggy; I just admit that I collect them as a hobby. It's really about the engineering for me; I have always been a sucker for really cool mechanical gadgets. I love buggy-spotting at malls and zoos, and WDW is the best buggy-spotting location in the universe! Anytime I happen to visit a baby-goods store, I end up advising new parents on purchases; my husband is very used to it by now. The way he sees it, it could be worse; I could be collecting nasty little dust-collecting delicate porcelain figurines. ;)

BTW: I don't find slings incompatible with buggy-collecting; I love slings. However, for long outings in summer heat, as at WDW, even my silk sling eventually got too warm to use for long periods.

Hmmm.............I said 4, but it is probably really 5, .........no, 6...................well, .......................depends on if you count cheap umbrella strollers we never really used :confused:.

When we only had one child we had 3 strollers I guess. There was the fancy car (the Perego Milano), the SUV (Graco All-Terrain) for getting around in the snow and sand on vacation, and an umbrella stroller we never really used.

Another child necessitated the bus (the Perego Tender Twin), and another umbrella we never used.

Number three is in the oven (due around Labor Day) and we already have another stroller. Seeing as we will need stroller seats for 3 on our December trip we got the Combi Ultra Savvy to go along with the Tender Twin.

The next tag sale (or perhaps eBay listing) will get rid of the All-Terrain and Milano that never get used any longer.

umbrella stroller I got at my baby shower--long since thrown away
Fisher Price perfect fit stroller--loved this one but is near death
$5 umbrella stroller picked up at yard sale--couldn't resist, lived in DH's car trunk
front to back double stroller--wheels just recently fell off when I hit a tree root on sidewalk
side-by-side stroller--I loved it, DH hated it, ended up selling it
side-by-side stroller borrowed from SIL--worked out great on last Disney trip
current umbrella stroller in the back of my mini-van--the handle is just an inch or two too low, I can't stand it. Next trip we won't need the double so we're looking at taking this stroller. DH thinks I am fanatical and refuses to buy another stroller. I'm thinking of running over it in my driveway and telling him it broke ;) .

Gee...I thought I was bad, but compared to you people, I'm well on the road to recovery:) When DS (4) was born, I got an Evenflo travel system. Thought it was cool for the first few months until I got tired of lugging the thing. It did make one WDW trip with us, but we had a 8 adult to 1 9mo old ratio, so handling baby equipment wans't an issue.

When DS was 2, I bought a Century/Graco light weight something or other. Great basket, reclined, nice canopy, cup holders ect. But it did not "match" any carseat pattern to make into a travel system. So, when I got pregnant with DD (11mo) I went and bought a Graco Metro Lite with a matching car seat. I LOVE this stroller. It weighs 11 lbs, has adjustable handles, and plenty of cup holders, and did I mention it only weighs 11 lbs?!! The only disadvantage to this system is that when the infant seat is attached, the basket is difficult to reach unless you lift up the car seat. A small inconvenience I was willing to over look since my long and chuncky children out grow the infant seats rather quickly.

We are not having anymore children, but I still keep checking out strollers and other equipment. It's only a "small" obsession....;)

gosh, I thought I was the only one - I've got/had 6 and am planning on buying a seventh!

My dd (now 5) had 5

Graco Carriage pram thing with reversible handle - worst buy I ever made - I couldn't even give it away.

Chicco 2001 umbrella buggy which I loved - airline bent it in two

Cheap umbrella buggy which I hated, I gave it to my mother as I hated it so much

Graco shopping style stroller with big basket and kids tray etc - I really liked this but it was too big for WDW so...

very basic maclaren umbrella buggy - which is the only one we still have.

except....

number 2 is now on it's way, so I have just bought a

2nd hand Silver Cross 'Pram' - this is the sort of thing that is pretty rare in the states. It has a seperate carrycot and chassis, swivel wheels, and they sell new for £500+, I have always wanted one, but wouldn't/couldn't spend that much, so snapped up an offer of a 2nd hand one.

I'm also going to get another Chicco 2003 for in the car, so that will be 7 in total.

Ok are we counting total strollers for our older out grown the stroller age kids? I hope not, there would not be enough space in the thread. Soooo, I won't go there. Currently. I have one Pram, from older son, that we used when twins were preemies just put them in together. I have The Graco duoglider, Loved it was very functional, just very heavey.I then bought the Euro duo glider same basic premise but lighter, Then a Kolcraft double umbrella for disney. Then The airlines bent it, So for this Disney trip. Tommorow.........I bought The Peg Perego Aria twin, I hate it, Worst stroller I have ever owned, I have owned it less than 6 mts, called Perego twice. Had a mini break down over this trip, Purchased 3 front to back returned them all. Finally bought another double Kolcraft Umbrella and 2 net bags. So I would say I am a little obsessed.:rolleyes: I don't really need another, But I am still looking all the time. Went to Walmart Yesterday, Put the bags and kids in the car, Started to pull away and hit the stroller, The $300 perego.... realized pretty quickly what the noise was, And got out and put it in the car. Maybe if I totaled it, I would have an excuse to toss it. So I guess when you start to have Homicidal thoughts about a stroller you should look for a new one ?;)

You guys are too funny. Can you stand one more "I thought I was the only one?!"

Had one of the original travel systems for my oldest. Great for awhile, but you had to put together the rest of the stroller when you were done with the car seat so we never used it. (Plus it looked cheap but my MIL bought it so I did not want to sound like a snob.) So. on to the next..........

Peg Perego Roma. Very jazzy, a little less $$ than the Milano, but I loved it. Took it to WDW, and I hardly saw any other perego's there. Got a lot of nice comments on it. But it was a bit bulky. So..

Tried a cheapo umbrella one that I hated, gave us all a back ache.

Then along came baby # 2! Hurray, I can buy another stroller.

First I bought the graco twin tandem one, but the wheels squeaked and it just seemed so cheap (No I am not, repeat, am not a snob!)
So I returned it and got the perego Twin Tender. What a monster! But it served its purpose, took it to WDW. Now I saw a lot of other nice strollers. Still so bulky. There must be a better way.

A Graco light rider! I thought this was great when my older child started to walk more. This stroller is still going strong, although my DH threatened to leave it at WDW when he could not get it closed when the bus came!

Then I got a Combi travel savvy. Still like this one but I wish the handles were higher (I am pretty tall). But it folds nice an small. Also made a trip to WDW.

Now here's baby #3! Yeah! Another stroller! Got a graco travel system. Boy, these have improved since the early years! But I know the perfect stroller is out there.

DH has stated NO MORE STROLLERS! But that idea about running it over has appeal!
I am always lusting after the MacLearens but I just can't part with the $$. I have always liked the Pliko too, but again, waiting for a good deal.

What a fun thread! I love all the replies! Keep em comin! I know there are more of "us" out there!

We just have 2...

The Graco LiteRider that we used when dd was younger. It worked well, but its more then we need now.

Then we got the Maclaren Volo...we LOVE this stroller! Folds up compact like an umbrella stroller, but its so nice. Tall handles, very sturdy and safe, basket underneath...perfect for our next WDW trip!

I only have three strollers...I'm more of a car seat junkie (I have 5) Did I mention I only have one child?

I have always wondered if I was the only one with so many strollers. I have 7 strollers. :o

1. Century travel system (the stroller got beat, threw it away.)
2. Bought a umbrella stroller for WDW in Dec. 2000 (DS was too small for it 4 months old) so...#3
3. Bought a small stroller that reclined and had a basket (one of those $40.00 ones.
4. Recieved a free umbrella stroller for purchasing $75.00 or more at Toy's R Us
5. Purchased another stroller for WDW in May 2002 (similar to #3)
6. DD was born so I purchased a side by side kolcraft (to use for my walks only)
7. Purchased a universal car seat carrier stroller for DD on recent WDW trip. :p

DD is 8 m. old...so far I have

Graco, system (carseat, etc)...good to start with, but too heavy to haul around.

Light weight/cheap Kolcraft for WDW....tried others liked this one the best, price not really an issue. Has a large basket, folds easily, light...only drawback is dark color.

2 umbrella strollers (free promotion at ToyRUs)..haven't used yet

Do trailers count? The kind u pull along behind a bike? Just got one of those, DD LOVES it....bodes well for rides at WDW next week. :-)

2 Snugli's...don't use often, but DD llikes when do....I got a couple bruises on chin to prove it!

Starting to pack...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter