Insiders program is only available to US residents?

canadakath

Mouseketeer
Really ABD? Insiders program is only available to US residents? I get that maybe they don't want to send any of the gifts to Canada, but does this mean I also don't get any of the other advantages - booking early on release days, discount on my next ABD if booked within 45 days, etc? Disappointing.

Really ABD? Insiders program is only available to US residents? I get that maybe they don't want to send any of the gifts to Canada, but does this mean I also don't get any of the other advantages - booking early on release days, discount on my next ABD if booked within 45 days, etc? Disappointing.
I totally agree with you, that I understand about the gifts part, because I know they always had issues getting that sort of stuff through customs, but I also agree that you should be able to enjoy any of the non-physical benefits of being an Insider. I would call ABD and ask them why. It's always possible that there is an actual reason for it, and I'd want to know what that is.

Sayhello

What?? That sucks!!! I booked my first ABD for next summer but didn’t know Canadians could not join the Insiders program! What’s diffferent between this and DCL (status)?

I got the first 3 or 4 insider gifts and then I never received any more, even on years when I traveled with ABD. I haven't gotten a gift in years, but others have. I know there are others who don't get the gifts as well, who also live in the US. If there's any bright side, you don't have to deal with the annoyance of knowing you should have received the gift and didn't. :)

I've been told the gifts are random. Not every Insider receives one, nor are they supposed to. Do if you don't receive a gift, it's not an error. I've only gotten one in 6 yrs.

But the big Insider perks are early booking and automatic discount even without early booking. IDK why Canadians can't have that.

I also don't get why they can't send gifts to everyone. But, whatever. It's just the mouse house continuing to spit on Walt's grave by making the product less magical and more expensive.

But the big Insider perks are early booking and automatic discount even without early booking. IDK why Canadians can't have that.
Yes - this is my issue. I can do without the gifts - I'm sure they are fun for those who get them but I don't spend those kind of $ (At a terrible rate for the Canadian dollar!) to get a free movie ticket. But I do expect to be treated like a valued customer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter