"Insert Witty Trip Name Here"--A Pre-Trippie!

cheshiregirl

Disney Princess
So today seems like a perfect day to start my first ever Pre-Trip Report as it was exactly 8 years ago today that I met the man who would become my DH, although I never would have guessed on that fateful day that we were meant to be together!

THE CAST:
Me--:ccat: 32 and mere weeks away from 33. I work in higher education and have moved all around the Midwest--OH, MI, IL, and PA before moving to Las Vegas 2 years ago. I never got to go to Disney (world or land) as a kid but I totally consider myself a Disney girl.

DH-- pooh: weeks away from his 30th b-day. He also works in higher education and has lived the same places as me except that he was born and raised on the upper East side of Manhattan in New York, New York instead of Northeastern Ohio (where I lived for my first 18 years). He made one childhood visit to WDW at age 5, which he has vague memories of. He also visited WDW once during a college spring as he and a friend were in Florida and decided to spend a day at the parks.

DS-- :stitch: Ty-Ty baby, currently 10 months. Our firstborn and the love of both of our lives. This will be his 3rd trip to DLR since joining the "outside world". He made numerous trips in uetero to DLR and one trip to WDW, as well as a trip to DLR for Halloween at age 7 weeks, and a trip to DLR for the holiday season at 12 weeks.

THE SETUP:
As fate would have it, DH and I started work in the same office on the same day. We didn't pay too much attention to each other at first, but a few weeks passed and we ended up getting to know each other a little better at a staff retreat. That led to finding out that our apartment complexes were right next door to one another and we starting hanging out socially... one thing led to another and friendship turned into dating and dating quickly led to moving into together the next summer. After moving so fast at first we then decided to take things a little slower :love: We got engaged in April 2005 and got married in August 2006. 6 weeks before the wedding we also relocated to Las Vegas and we have been Premium APs at DL ever since!

During the first 6 years together we were young 20 somethings living in the Midwest and we were lucky to plan one trip to DL as part of a visit to CA for a professional conference in March 2002, and we scrimped and saved for quick trip to WDW for the 5 days leading up to Christmas 2004.

Less than 5 months after the wedding (and before our delayed honeymoon in April 2007 to WDW), we found out the I was expecting :lovestruc--a very happy event indeed!

Which brings us to the reason for the next big trip: Ty-guy will be turning 1 year old in September. I figure that this is a great excuse to plan a more elaborate trip to DLR than normal. Instead of our typical routine of driving in on Friday night and leaving late Sunday morning, we will be staying until Tuesday!pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter