Insert Images from Phone/Laptop

hertamaniac

DIS Veteran
I used to be able to do this with ease, but I don't know what is wrong. I've tried copying/pasting, moving from one box to another. The insert image option only gives me a URL option. How do I copy/paste an image either on my laptop or phone?

I used to be able to do this with ease, but I don't know what is wrong. I've tried copying/pasting, moving from one box to another. The insert image option only gives me a URL option. How do I copy/paste an image either on my laptop or phone?

Don't know how to do from phone, but on my laptop, I open my picture folder and drag & drop the picture into the message box.
dream 2014 alice 14150 P1020275 1500.jpg

I can also copy & paste from the same location.
1693069772465.jpeg

I stopped using the Insert Image icon years ago.

Can @WebmasterMaryJo look into my account too please?

I have spent hours today just trying to get rid of the Xs and the options suggested in my thread in this forum I've tried have only left me with a picture plus the url IF I'm lucky or just the url.

Since my pictures reside on a website and not in a folder on my computer I really need the Insert Option to work.

FYI - Posting from SmugMug works perfectly on the other Disney site where I post photos daily.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Can @WebmasterMaryJo look into my account too please?

I have spent hours today just trying to get rid of the Xs and the options suggested in my thread in this forum I've tried have only left me with a picture plus the url IF I'm lucky or just the url.

Since my pictures reside on a website and not in a folder on my computer I really need the Insert Option to work.

FYI - Posting from SmugMug works perfectly on the other Disney site where I post photos daily.

Thank you!
Your profile looks normal. What pictures are you trying to insert?

As an aside, I noticed that your signature should be modified per the following:

You are welcome to link to your web site on our boards provided that a) you are not promoting a commercial service or for-profit venture and b) you don't post primarily to promote your site. Before posting a link to another site, we ask that you please first check to see if the same information is available on www.wdwinfo.com.

Links in your signature to other websites must be in plain text, as in this example: (www.myexample.com). Any bolding or embellishment will be considered advertising, and is not permitted. For more information on advertising in the signature area email corey@disneyinfo.com.

Your profile looks normal. What pictures are you trying to insert?

As an aside, I noticed that your signature should be modified per the following:

You are welcome to link to your web site on our boards provided that a) you are not promoting a commercial service or for-profit venture and b) you don't post primarily to promote your site. Before posting a link to another site, we ask that you please first check to see if the same information is available on www.wdwinfo.com.

Links in your signature to other websites must be in plain text, as in this example: (www.myexample.com). Any bolding or embellishment will be considered advertising, and is not permitted. For more information on advertising in the signature area email corey@disneyinfo.com.
I have changed my signature. Is this okay? It's just my galleries of Disney trips on SmugMug for people to view and enjoy. I do not sell or promote my photos.

I have tried inserting several different photos today and all result in an X. If I click on the Edit button I can see the photo but when I click on Save it returns to an X.

I have changed my signature. Is this okay? It's just my galleries of Disney trips on SmugMug for people to view and enjoy. I do not sell or promote my photos.

I have tried inserting several different photos today and all result in an X. If I click on the Edit button I can see the photo but when I click on Save it returns to an X.
Thank you for changing your signature. Could you email the pics to me, or send the url link? Do you want them in a post or signature?

Thank you for changing your signature. Could you email the pics to me, or send the url link? Do you want them in a post or signature?
The Xs appear to be gone now and I was able to post several photos successfully. It's always been an intermittent thing happening some days and not others.

I'm having trouble inserting pictures as well. I'm getting an error message when trying to insert from smugmug, and when I try to copy/paste or drag and drop from my computer nothing happens at all. I just got to 10 posts, is there a waiting period before you can post images? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter