Input Please

kissygoose

Earning My Ears
I need to start making our PSs for our honeymoon in November and I'm not sure If I'm making good choices for meals. We will be using the Discovery Magic for all of our dinner meals. Would any one mind giving me some advice on my schedule?

Friday, Nov. 15- Magic Kingdome and Dinner at Cinderella's royal Table
Saturday, Nov. 16-MGM and Dinenr at Brown Derby (fantasmic)
Sunday, Nov. 17- Islands of Adventure and dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse
Monday, Nov. 18-Universal and dinner at Narccoosee's
Tuesday, Nov. 19-Disney intitute Spa and Polynesian Luau
Wednesday, Nov. 20- Epcot and dinner at Le Cellier
Thrusday, Nov. 21 -Animal Kingdom/Pleasure Island and dinner at Fulton's Crab House
Friday, Nov. 22- Free Day and Dinner at Cape May

Thanks everyone.

We've enjoyed your first 4 choices for dinner a number of times. The luau is fun. We've never eaten at Cape May or Le Cellier. I think service can be pretty bad at Fulton's, but hey, it's your honeymoon so you won't even notice if it is!?

I did notice that it looks like you might be planning long days at MK and MGM your first two days. We find it much more relaxing to go to a park until lunch or just after, then swim, relax, whatever at the resort. Then we go to a different park or resort for dinner. It is fun and relaxing.

like all the choices except cape may. we did not care for the food. le cellier is great!:p happy honeymoon

I have only been to the Cape May Breakfast which was really good!! I loved Le Cellier for dinner........I loved the pretzel sticks and the steaks!!! Great low light dinning for dinner!! I keep track of when I have to call in my PS with my countdown clocks notice I said clocks......I have them all over!!
denise:bounce: :Pinkbounc :wave: :earsboy:

If you are going to be on the Discovery Magic plan you will be paying about $35.00+ per person for each wish. With some of the restuarants you chose you will be losing money or just breaking even like Cape May Buffet is only $22.00 per person and dinner at Le Cellier would be about the price of the dining plan. I would pick more of the upscale restaurants like California Grill, Artist Point, Flying Fish, Jiko, Palios, Portobello Yachtcllub and Citricos. The Luau although expensive because it includes a dinner show does not have the greatest food for the price. Since you have the plan and can eat at WDW's top restaurants why not go for the best!

I agree with DeeP. If your plan allows for it, go to the best restaurants you can find. For example, the first night if you are going to the Magic Kingdom, why not leave a bit early and go the California Grille. If it makes no difference price-wise (with Discovery Magic) the food and romantic atmosphere would be much nicer at the CG rather than the castle.

You may ask about doing the spa at the Grand Floridean rather than the Institute. I don't know if Disc Magic covers that, but it might be more convenient and may even be a bit more romantic by virtue of being in the Grand Floridian.

You may also want to go to Pleasure Island on a weekend.. It's very dead on weekdays. And I would nix Fulton's. Maybe go to Jiko's early evening and then head over to Pleasure Island. It's also dead before 10ish.

Cape May... I don't know.. breakfast is good. Try Flying Fish if you like fish. A bit nicer.

Brown Derby.. actually I think I'd go to the 50s Prime Time... but that's just me. Brown Derby is nicer, but I like the food and (much better atmosphere) at 50s PT.. but then you're not realllly getting your moneys worth.

Anyway, hope these help.

Just out of curiousity, is this your first trip to Disney? If it is, you may want to consider concentrating on the Disney parks. I love Universal/IoA and will probably go back not this trip (Tuesday) but our next. But it's not something I would recommend first-timers to do.. just because there is SO much to do on-site. Anyway, only a suggestion. Hope your honeymoon is great!

I just got back from my honeymoon using the DM plan and I would highly recommend Flying Fish, Artist Point, and Jiko. Those were the 3 top meals of our trip. Browmn Derby was also a very good meal. With the plan you will be eating a lot of food so eat light earlier in the day if you are having big dinners. We found that a late breakfast or early lunch was good. Also, make sure ALL the restaurants know it's your honeymoon.

On another note, I would highly recommend DI spa over GF. GF is not run by Disney and does not offer a good selection of treatments covered by wishes. We were very impressed with our massages at DI spa, well worth it.

Friday, Nov. 15- Magic Kingdome and Dinner at Cinderella's royal TableFriday,

Wow, I think you have hit just about every favorite on my list!

GOT to eat at Cindy's castle on your honeymoon... how romantic!

Saturday, Nov. 16-MGM and Dinenr at Brown Derby

Haven't eaten dinner there, but really enjoyed lunch! Service was good, atmosphere nice, and the food was good, too!

Sunday, Nov. 17- Islands of Adventure and dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse

Haven't eaten there, but have heard it is good. We like Le Cellier, so we tend to stick to that.

Monday, Nov. 18-Universal and dinner at Narccoosee's

Ah, this is my ultimate favorite!!! Love the mussel appetizer, and the sea bass over risotto. Can't wait until October to go again!

Wednesday, Nov. 20- Epcot and dinner at Le Cellier

Ah, there it is... Le Cellier... if you can get Elaine, she is a wonderful server... very friendly and accomodating.

Thrusday, Nov. 21 -Animal Kingdom/Pleasure Island and dinner at Fulton's Crab House

We love fresh seafood, and Fulton's is known for it! We have never had bad service here, and the food is delicious. Please let them know that you are on your honeymoon, and request a table on the second deck at a window overlooking the lake. That is definitely the best area! I know that there are people who will say to nix this restaurant, but DON'T, you will only regret it!

Friday, Nov. 22- Free Day and Dinner at Cape May

Now this is our family's NEVER MISS restaurant! We love the steamers, mussels, and shrimp, but the landlubbers side is delicious, as well! There is a great salad bar, wonderful homemade New England Clam Chowder, and don't forget to save room to same some goodies from the dessert bar!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, and have a fabulous time at WDW!

Have a great honeymoon. I, too, would definitely concentrate on the Disney parks, especially since you are doing the Discovery Magic plan.

If it wasn't for the fact that the only reason my FH wants to go to Florida is so he can see ET at Universal we would probably spend more time at the disney parks. But if he doesn't get ET I don't get a honeymoon. ;). One of the reasons I hadn't picked places like citricos and the CA grill was due to the fact that they were 2 wish restaraunts and I've heard that it's harder to get your moneys worth there. Is this something I'm misconstuing? I am planning on using some of our wishes for spa treatments. IT's something I've always wanted to do but have never had the money to try. Thanks for all the suggestions and best wishes for our honeymoon.

Although we enjoy CG and Citirco's, I wouldn't use two wishes for them...there are just too many other good and fun places to try. And spa treatments sound like a great idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter