Information on rides

dkostel

DIS Veteran
Hello, I am taking a friend to WDW for her first time in February. She is recovering from an illness that has left her relearning to walk. Is there a resource that lists exactly what is involved to get on/off each ride. I found the Disney park specific pamphlets that say if you have to transfer to the vehicle or a wheel chair, etc., but it isn't specific on what the transfer involves. For example I recall that on something like Pirates you can step down onto the seat and then the floor but is there any source with measurements on how high that is? She is in PT/OT and would work on this if I can get specifics.
Thanks in advance!

There is not as fair as I know most boat rides you have to step down to get in and up to get out so working on going up and down steps but also sitting on something where you knees are more then 90 degrees and getting up from this

A few rides you have to step over a little bump and take a step or two side ways to get in it out ( thinking sling dog dash, tea cups)

Another ride you get on like a bike

Hope this helps some

The specific information you are looking for is in posts 18-21. There is one post for each park.
For the Pandora attractions, look toward the top of this board for a specific thread about Pandora.
Thank you that is exactly what I was looking for!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!