info required on VIRGIN PREMIUM ECONOMY.

DisneyAli

Mouseketeer
After quite a long chat with virgin last night they have offered us seats in PE for a fairly reasonable price. obviously they gave a very good description of this service, so some good honest answers from trusted DISERS would be appriecated on the following subjects:-
1) the seats and legroom differences
2)food and drink available
3)dedicated checking in is it available or needed during twilight checkin and is there a PE desk when coming back from orlando?
4) she says luggage comes off straightway behind first class, true or false.
5)better staff service?
6)any other thoughts, comments good or bad are most welcomed.
7)couldnt find anything of the virgin website about PE so perhaps someone could point me in the right direction.
8)do you get seated before economy?

Any help much appreciated thanks. alison.

PS i think due to the very bad weather i didnt receive any updates to a previous virgin thread where i had indicated the above, but thanks for all the answers.

I think it depends on what it costs. the one & only time we travelled pe, I didn't think it was worth an extra £400 or so, but recent flights we've been on ,!st has been lower front & p.e has been up in the bubble which I assume must be better. What did you pay?

Alison,

Hope this helps you out.................

1) the seats and legroom differences

Bigger and wider seats. Headrests, legrests and 38 inches to stretch your legs. there is a small tray and an armrest in between you and the seat next to you. You have side pockets for hand luggage aswell.

2)food and drink available

Choice of 3 different meals and one vegetarian option. Pre flight champagne or orange juice and plenty of drinks during the flight.

3)dedicated checking in is it available or needed during twilight checkin and is there a PE desk when coming back from orlando?

Dedicated check - in there and back

4) she says luggage comes off straightway behind first class, true or false.

Yes, they put a premium economy tag on your luggage, the baggage handlers recognise this and put your bag on the carousel, behind First.

5)better staff service?

Yes, definitley more attentive and a higher staff to passenger ratio. ( Only 36 seats in PE ).

6)any other thoughts, comments good or bad are most welcomed.

Because you get off the plane first you are at the customs first and throught the airport to the car hire desk first.

Only downside to PE is that the upgrade charge could be put towards a nicer hotel room or park tickets etc.

7)couldnt find anything of the virgin website about PE so perhaps someone could point me in the right direction.

http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/flying_with_us_premium_economy.view.do

8)do you get seated before economy?

Yes and you get off the plane before economy aswell.

Paul

Well, Paul has answered all your questions, but I thought I'd add that I paid the extra to travel PE in March and even though the cost was a bit 'eek' I'd definately do it again!!

It was brilliant checking in first, being first on the plane and first off and generally getting through everything so much faster than economy. Service was definately better and it was so lovely having all that space!

Astrid

Alison,

I'm with Astrid;) We flew PE last October (and will be this October) and it was fantastic:Pinkbounc

Not sure what you're being charged, but I'm sure it will be less than I've paid:rolleyes:

thanks very much for all that information.

They have offered us quite a reasonable deal, considering they said that there was no offers available on the dates we are travelling, we have saved about £300.00 on the return PE upgrades.

As regards to putting money to a nicer hotel we have upgraded already from a 2* days inn to the 4*fourpoints sheraton, and all tickets were ordered when we booked the holiday.

My DH does not know i have booked an PE upgrade, the money to pay for this has come from a better payout from a sharesave at work than expected so in theory it is extra money that i didnt expect. I think i will (try) keep it a secret as part of this holiday is to celebrate his 50th and our 10th anniversary. I think his face with be a picture.

We have travelled economy both times we have visited florida in the past but i looks like from Astrids comments we could well be doing PE when we book again for 2004.:)

thanks kazzie, you must have posted whilst i was trying to write my posting. Virgin put me on hold twice whilst they made "ENQUIRIES" in to giving me the discount mentioned. :D

Hi Alison,

Here's my take on it:

1) The seats are more 'armchair' like than they are in economy. The cabin is <i>much</i> smaller with 2 seats either side of the (bigger) aisle. I would liken it to being in a private function room - much more intimate and relaxed. The cabin crew: passenger ratio is much better, so they are more chilled out and attentive.

2) The food choices are the same as they are in economy (you need to go up to Upper Class for an improvement here). You are offered Buck's Fizz or champagne on boarding.

3) You won't need to worry about Twilight Check-in. There is a dedicated PE check-in desk, and with a maximum of 36 passengers in the cabin, you are never going to have to queue. There is dedicated check-in at MCO for the return flight too.

4) The luggage is actually on the same pallet as Upper Class and it comes off together, and there is a separate conveyor (for Upper and PE) at MCO.

5) Yes due to the increased cabin crew: passenger ratio and the dedicated check-in.

6) Totally agree with Paul here. You are first off the plane (behind Upper Class), first into the immigration hall, first to collect your bags, first through customs and first at the car hire desk. Send the driver(s) in your party to sort out the car hire whilst the rest of you go to the second baggage collection point.

7) The information available on Virgin's site is a bit limited, but gives you some idea of what to expect. Virgin Premium Economy

8) Yes, you get called before economy, but you can board whenever you like (i.e. last if you prefer).

Hi,
Not sure if this makes much difference to anyone but when we used Twilight Checkin last April PE did NOT have a seperate desk (Neither did Upper Class)Seems they only open the dedicated PE/UC desks for the regular check-in.

Mick

:smooth:

Hi Alison,
not sure where you are flying from but if its London then at check in ask for an upgrade (tell them its a special holiday - it is isn't it) then you will really see the difference in Upper Class, seats that fold down to be beds, in flight massage, bacon butties for breakfast plus loads more.

If you are going from Manchester they don't have Upper Class.:mad:

I fly long haul on business and sometimes it works some times it doesn't , but always ask good luck

A BIG thanks to you all for your very detailed and helpful information.

I have just got off the phone to Virgin and have upgraded to PE for both flights. We are seated in 74 A & C on the way out and 73 A & C on the way back. Although we have been twice before, with all the help and tips from this board i know this 3 weeks are going to be the best yet..............2004 planning already being spoken about.

thanks again. alison.:teeth: :D :D :D

Paul,

Do you mean 9 rows of 2-2, i.e. 36 passengers in total? That's certainly what I remember.

Just come back flying PE - well worth it!! However our luggage and that of Upper Class were not off first either end. In fact they were one of the last to come off - we queried it with Virgin and were told they don't advertise that as part of their service. Got upgraded to Upper Class on the way back - really surprised as we are a party of four 2 adults 2 kids 10 and 12. They said the flight was really busy. Will never fly economy again!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter