Info on POR

magicmouse

Earning My Ears
I was worried about POR closing so contacted guest services who promptly replied with this email:

I found it very reassuring.

Thank you for contacting WALT DISNEY WORLD!

Disney's Port Orleans Riverside is open and will remain open.

Disney's Port Orleans Resort will undergo a complete, multi-million dollar room
renovation over the next two years that will include all new furniture, new
carpeting and wall coverings and a remodeling of the bathrooms.

The renovation will begin at Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter.
During the time of renovation for French Quarter, guest rooms will not be
occupied, so we temporarily will not be booking new reservations into Port
Orleans - French Quarter.

We continue to have the same array of choices and amenities available within our
Disney resorts. Your desired moderate accommodations can be booked at Disney's
Port Orleans Resort - Riverside, Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort, or Disney's
Coronado Springs Resort.

Guests who currently hold reservations will be contacted in reverse arrival
order. We thank you for your understanding.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number if
applicable on all correspondence.

:)

I agree that it is somewhat reasurring with the reply you received from Guest Services. What they said was somewhat reassurring but what they didn't say is what has us very concerned. Word has it that at the same time they shut down POFQ they will also be closing over a 1000 rooms at POR too. Word also has it that a big percentage of CM's that were assigned to not only POFQ but also many that were assigned to POR have already been reassigned to other resorts. Rumor also has it that the rooms that will be first closed at POR at the same time POFQ closes will be those from the AB section at POR. Several posts have stated many CM's confirmed this to be true. Don't really know what to believe here, but our concern if this is true is that we are worried more about the level of service that we may or may not receive when our vacation starts in early June at POR. Any comments about the above would be most welcome! Needless to say with this being our first Disney vacation we would have hoped the vacation would have translated to excitement building not that of concern building. Where is that Disney Magic when you need it?

doubled07

Really doubled07 ??

I have ressies for AB ( 5 in group) for early May and have not been called to change resorts.
I think its time t call CRO again
Thanks

I called CRO and they confirmed that POR AB section will NOT be closing yet and that only POFQ is closing.
Hope that helps
:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter