info on Kids' Clubs at the Loews Hotels

Iralyn

Mouseketeer
Sharing info here in case it is helpful to anyone in the future. As a single mama, I splurged and took advantage of the Kids' Club so that I could have some time to do rides that my daughter wasn't willing to try. Plus nice to have a bit of 'me' time on vacation :)

Here's the deal on the Kids' Clubs:

Cost is $15 per hour per kid. They do calculate it based on quarter hours. So if you leave your child from 5 to 8:15, you will be charged $15x3.25 rather than for 4 hours. They put it through as a room charge for me but paying at the time may have also been an option -- I didn't ask.

They will provide dinner for $15 and offer several kid friendly choices. They are also able to accommodate food allergies. It seemed almost made to order according to the kid's preferences.

They will accommodate kids from age 4 to 14.

Open from 5 PM–11:30 PM, Sunday through Thursday and from 5 PM to midnight on Fridays and Saturdays.

They rotate between the three premier hotels each week for the supervised childcare: Portofino Bay - Campo Portofino; Royal Pacific - Lil' Mariners; Hard Rock - Camp Lil' Rock. It can be a little less convenient if it is not at your hotel. If it is not based at your hotel, your best bet is likely to take the water taxi to Citywalk and another water taxi to the other resort. There are also shuttle buses but they can take longer.

Guests of Sapphire Falls, Cabana Bay and Aventura can also take advantage of the Kids' Club (but not those at Endless Summer).

Some more info and phone numbers can be found here: http://kidsniteout.com/kids-camps/ I'm pretty sure that it was the concierge that it was being arranged through. Cancellations can be made up to 2 hours prior. Otherwise there is a $25 no show fee. You don't have to commit to a certain time period to reserve, only the date.

As for our experience, my daughter who is 11 quite enjoyed it. They had a variety of video/electronic games -- something we don't really have at home. Plus I'm sure many other options that weren't as exciting to her. Main negative was that there was only one other child who was maybe 6 so not a lot of peer interaction but DD seemed okay with that. There were at least 2 child care staff there for the evening. It seemed like a very secure area...I'd be comfortable leaving a younger child with a tendency to wander. Overall, a positive experience for us.

Thank you for sharing this!

Your information will help many of our readers

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter