Info on AAA fastpass

corvair

<font color=FF99FF>Doesn't need a fancy tag
Hi....we usually go to WDW , but we are going to DL in Nov... I am trying to get as much info as I can on DL. I have been reading about the AAA fastpass and how great it is...I have been trying to find info on this, and how about gettting it....I am guessing if you book through AAA you get this...Where can I get info on this.......................thanks...amy

It is for packages booked through AAA when staying in a DLR hotel.

Thanks...can you tell me what that AAA fastpass is? I am a AAA member, so I might do this...thanks..amy

Well I am no expert on this, never been to DL but I am going in December, changed my hotel and passes to AAA for the EFP. The way I understand it you can get fast pass after fast pass and dont have to wait till you use the first one you got. It does sound really good, I got a better deal through AAA then doing it on my own, plus instead of getting a 3 day hopper pass I got a 4 day day pass and that is how many days I will be there. I called Triple AAA to find out exactly about it after reading the good things about EFP on this board. Good luck with your choice, I know for me it was the best one :banana:

My family and I went this past April on an AAA package and loved the Enhanced Fastpass. You must book the package thru AAA and stay at least 3 nights (I think) and it MUST be in one of the three Disney hotels. What EFP allows you to do is collect multiple fastpasses at one time for different rides. You can not collect multiple ones for the same rides. Their is no ending time for the EFP even though it prints one. There is a start time. For example, I would take the family's tickets, and while they got some breakfast or stood in line, I would walk around the park collecting fastpasses for all fastpass rides, starting with Space Mountain (busiest ride). We would then liesurly go from ride to ride, and as we exited the ride, I would collect another fastpass. We could shop, eat, and relax as we went, never worrying about lines or expiring fastpasses. We even collected fastpass before we left the park for dinner, and then came back in the evening and they were still good. The EFP has special wording on the top to identify them. DL can have slow days when FPs are not neccessary, but during busy days they are well worth the investment. We went during spring break and never felt rushed and never waited more than 15minutes for a ride.

Last note: Be careful of your tickets. I had my hopper pass stolen right out of the machine by a fast kid. It seems they look for them so they can use them in the park. I reported the kid and they deactivated the card and put the word out to track it. I did get it replaced.

Laz said:
Their is no ending time for the EFP even though it prints one. There is a start time. For example, I would take the family's tickets, and while they got some breakfast or stood in line, I would walk around the park collecting fastpasses for all fastpass rides, starting with Space Mountain (busiest ride). We would then liesurly go from ride to ride, and as we exited the ride, I would collect another fastpass. We could shop, eat, and relax as we went, never worrying about lines or expiring fastpasses. We even collected fastpass before we left the park for dinner, and then came back in the evening and they were still good. The EFP has special wording on the top to identify them. DL can have slow days when FPs are not neccessary, but during busy days they are well worth the investment. We went during spring break and never felt rushed and never waited more than 15minutes for a ride.

Any fastpass can be used after the time printed. It not exclusve to the enhanced FP.

Thanks for all the help...I usually book our own trip...but may use AAA for this advantage....thanks..amy

samkj said:
Any fastpass can be used after the time printed. It not exclusve to the enhanced FP.

That's good to know. I wonder why they print them on the ticket then?

Laz said:
That's good to know. I wonder why they print them on the ticket then?
They actually do not want everyone to know this or it would really throw things off. As it is, less than 1% of the visitors know of this so it does not make much of an impact. And it is unlikely that more than 1% will ever know about it because most people just cruise in and out of DLR without ever researching anything.

Because it is Disney, there are many, many reasons why people can have difficulty making it back during a one hour window, and also because it is Disney they want to be guest focused. So they accept them late.

First time poster here HI!!

As far as I know, you do not have to "book a trip through AAA" I have bought AAA tickets 3times now, at AAA and have always had multiple fastpass. Just go to an office and buy the tickets. Unless something has changed you dont' have to book a whole package. Also I believe Costco tickets have fastpass option like AAA.

thanks

I got the special tickets last time also, but I think it has probably changed now. The only way I could tell that I would get the special feature was to get the package. We loved the tickets so much last time that I went ahead and booked the whole thing just for the feature.

Leofoenget said:
First time poster here HI!!

As far as I know, you do not have to "book a trip through AAA" I have bought AAA tickets 3times now, at AAA and have always had multiple fastpass. Just go to an office and buy the tickets. Unless something has changed you dont' have to book a whole package. Also I believe Costco tickets have fastpass option like AAA.

thanks
Janette, I think you are getting regular FP and Enhanced FP confused. With regular FP - available to every guest at no extra charge - you can get multiple FastPasses. The purpose of Enhanced FP is not to allow you to "get multiple FPs". It is that you can get them more rapidly because DLR does not put the same time restrictions on you for when you can get your next FP.

DLR has a deal with AAA that only people who book thru AAA for a DLR hotel - not a good neighbor - can get EFP.

But the poster was correct. AAA used to sell a special ticket that had the multiple fast pass feature, not as part of a package. I used it a couple of years ago and we just ordered the tickets from AAA. It was a special named ticket, not the regular one. It also came with $10 at ESPN and something else too. Great find. Too bad they seem not to have it anymore.

Leofoenget said:

thanks

Does anyone know if you can still purchase just tickets through AAA or Costco and get the unlimited FP?

Dis Ohana said:
Does anyone know if you can still purchase just tickets through AAA or Costco and get the unlimited FP?

You can get just tickets at AAA. You will have unlimited fastpass but apparently NOT enhansed fastpass. I did this in Feb. (as long as you are a member) You could try ebay too.

Leofoenget said:
You can get just tickets at AAA. You will have unlimited fastpass but apparently NOT enhansed fastpass. I did this in Feb. (as long as you are a member) You could try ebay too.
I am not sure what people mean by "unlimited" FastPass. The Enhanced FastPass has sometimes been referred to as "unlimited" FastPass, which is a misnomer in that it is not unlimited. What it really is is "less" limited. As in less limited than the regular FP available to everyone.

AFAIK, tickets bought at CostCo or anywhere else other than through AAA are just regular tickets as far as FP goes. And again, when booking through AAA you cannot stay at just any hotel and get the Enhanced FP - it must be one of the three DLR hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter