Indy Refurb

Anyone heard any dates when Indy’s refurbishment will begin? My daughter will be bummed if it’s down in March of 2020

Indiana Jones Ride Refurbishment
Interesting. Selfishly, I kind of hope it’s closed when we are there, since it would relieve me of the burden of having to sort out taking turns with DH while one parent mans the tot, lol. I hope your daughter gets to ride though!

Last edited:
Anyone heard any dates when Indy’s refurbishment will begin? My daughter will be bummed if it’s down in March of 2020

Indiana Jones Ride Refurbishment
According to MP's DLR Update (11/12), no specific dates have been announced:

Disneyland's Indiana Jones Adventure was closed for a brief refurbishment last week, and it looks like a longer closure may be in store for 2020.
According to permits filed with the city of Anaheim, Disney will remove and replace a "show set bridge" in the attraction, including the steel structure and surrounding rockwork and planks. The permit does not specify when the work is to begin.

According to MP's DLR Update (11/12), no specific dates have been announced:

Disneyland's Indiana Jones Adventure was closed for a brief refurbishment last week, and it looks like a longer closure may be in store for 2020.
According to permits filed with the city of Anaheim, Disney will remove and replace a "show set bridge" in the attraction, including the steel structure and surrounding rockwork and planks. The permit does not specify when the work is to begin.
Well I selfishly hope it’s done before our Spring Break at the end of March. It is my daughter’s favorite ride.

I really hope they decide to do Indy and Snow White at different times. Closing 2 dark rides at once would really stink.
They have way more than that closed at once unfortunately. It would not surprise me considering Snow White is not considered an E ticket or major attraction. Hopefully they get these things on the calendar soon enough so people can make or adjust their plans.

They have way more than that closed at once unfortunately. It would not surprise me considering Snow White is not considered an E ticket or major attraction. Hopefully they get these things on the calendar soon enough so people can make or adjust their plans.

They won't. That's an issue we've noticed about Disneyland ever since we started planning our 1st trip. Problem is, unless you pay a stupid amount of money to buy a fare without change fees, there's nothing you can really do about it.

Planning first trip there in late Jan. I am expecting some closures that time of year but really hoping Indy won't be down yet. It is one of the reasons for going. We mostly want to see a completed Star Wars land but we chose to try Disneyland this time for some variety from the Disneyworld attractions we have done several time. Husband loves Indy. I was hoping maybe the closures would be less than normal in late Jan this year because of Rise of the Resistance opening. Here's to hoping. :confused3

They won't. That's an issue we've noticed about Disneyland ever since we started planning our 1st trip. Problem is, unless you pay a stupid amount of money to buy a fare without change fees, there's nothing you can really do about it.

Disney World seems way better at giving advanced noticed for refurbs MOST of the time. I wonder why Disneyland is not.... leadership?????

I do wish Disneyland would announce their dates or at least the approximate dates for rides being down. Not that it would change my dates for next year but it does help to manage expectations.

I hope its open by or for Feb 28th-march3erd at least. I say OK down in early Jan and open late Feb (winks) but I wish they would let us all know.

I emailed Disneyland and asked if they knew when the refurb would be and this is what they responded:

“Thank you for contacting the Disneyland® Resort.

I'm afraid that at this time, we only know it will be sometime in 2020, however, the actual dates have not been announced as of yet. Do you follow the Disney Parks blog? All resort information is announced there first so a great way to keep on top of resort happenings. If you don't already follow that, please visit Disneyparksblog.com

We thank you for choosing the Disneyland® Resort. Have a Magical day!”

I’m going to assume that it’s going to be closed for our January trip and if it’s not, that will be a very welcome bonus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter