Individual Eurodisney Stock Purchase

WindowsJB

Mouseketeer
Could someone please inform me on how to purchase stock in Eurodisney. I do not have a planned investment portfolio, so that is not an option.

I would like to take advantage of stock holder benefits for our trip in January. If someone would have some details for us it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jared

The only brokerage accounts my DH and I have are for our IRAs, so that is where I bought the stock. My account is at TD Waterhouse (a discount broker) so I think the stock cost $7 and the trade cost $17. Since I didn't buy a bunch of stock I'll have to pay (15 euro, I think) to join the shrs club ... by my calculations, after I get the discount I'll break even ... but I think it will be so cool to surprise my family with the special entrance and the shrs' breakfast!

If I were you I would check out all the on-line discount brokers and see if they trade the stock and see what the minimum balance for opening an account is. If it is a lot I wouldn't do it just for the DLP stock because I don't see it as a good investment (except to get discounts.) Of course, the value of the discounts varies - if you are staying a while on site, eating table service meals, etc. the savings could add up.

several gift sites now operate on the web that allow you to buy individula shares which they frame...BEWARE you wont get any benefits as the shares ownership still belongs to the sites operator.

best way in the uk is to use either your own bank or an internet share shop and buy the minimum investment..this means your name goes on the certificate and you get the benefits..youll have to calculate wether its cheaper to buy the share shops minimum allowance and ad the disney fee for minimum holding to get the benefits or just buy a few more shares...bare in mind if disney have a succesful christmas and with the news that there loan waivers have been extended share prices for once may actually start rising.

Originally posted by danandjackie
bare in mind if disney have a succesful christmas and with the news that there loan waivers have been extended share prices for once may actually start rising.

It would be nice, but I seriously doubt it. Extending the debt repayment schedule just makes EuroDisney's Debt Mountain (tm) even larger. Given that instead of aiming for 16 million guests per year DLP seems to have trouble attracting even 13 million I can't see the financial situation improving for some time to come. Having said that, the Shareholders' Club does offer great benefits if you are a frequent visitor to DLP, so I highly recommend the purchase of shares. Just don't invest your life savings!

Regards

Rob

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter