indigenous wdw souveniers

pixiemomma

<font color=navy>No onions for me, even if they ar
We are taking our first family trip to WDW in a few weeks. I was wondering if anyone could suggest souveniers to buy, ones that can only be bought in the parks. My DS(S) are 2 1/2 and 11 months.

the last time I went to WDW I saw lots of teeny weeny t-shirts for kids...they were really cute and not that expensive...check the downtown disney "disney Store"...they have lots of things there....:)
have a nice trip!

Almost anything that has the park name on it is only available in the Park complex, and not at your local Kmart:)

personally my favorite to buy are ride pictures and frames as they are utterly unique:) also pictures of the family in front of the park Icons. You can also make your own CD of music.

Like someone else said, if it says "Walt Disney World" on it, you most likely can't get it at the Warehouse or at Walmart. We stopped in at Walmart the first night in Kissimee last year and I saw a Mickey t-shirt for only $4. Bought it for my ds. Didn't realize til I got to the hotel that it said "Florida" on it and not "WDW" When we went to the parks they had much nicer t-shirts that were not that much more (maybe $7-$10) which I wish I had waited to buy.

Since your boys are so young, why not start them a collection? Some "something" that you can add to each time they go to Disney. Maybe shirts, hats, ceramic figurines, park or resort pins, etc. My mother has a collection of porcelin miniature figurines that she started when we went to WDW as kids (of course way back then WDW was MK!) :)

If you go to Epcot go into Inoventions West. There is a set up by Xerox and they will take a family pic of all of you. It will have the date on it and it is free!! That is not only a su-vie but a memory as well!

Looking back at our previous trips with our kids, some of the best souveniers were not the most expensive. I bought a splash mountain coffee mug which I use most mornings. Also, we buy ride/area specific kitchen magnets for the refrig. They are great since you can put them real low at the kids eye level and they are very colorful. Also, they make magnets where you can put a picture inside. My 2.5 year old son loves running to the frig rearranging the magnets and carrying them around the house.

So for us, anything related to coffee or food is a win.

Have fun!!!

:bounce:

My 9yr son collected alot of pressed pennies on our Oct trip. He filled his pressed penny book half with Disney and half with Sea World pennies. When we left Sea World I picked up a Sea World pressed penny book that he will be getting for Christmas.
But if you think you may like it, buy it. After I came home I had alot of I wish I had boughts.
In 3.5 weeks I fly back to FL for a cruise. My MIL and I will be stopping in at Vero Beach resort. Now that I just joined Disney vacation club Im looking for DVC t-shirts, etc.

2 years ago we got the die-cast vehicles for my then 2 YO dd. She played with them a lot, and still does form time to time. They are very cute and held up well. We have three, the plane w/wickey, and a car w/ mickey and a car w/minnie. I assume they still have these. They were only 5 or 6 dollars each.

The other classic souvenier is mickey ears. They embroider the childs name on at a shop on main street.

One last idea, we had the girls sillouettes done in liberty square. They came out really good. Even with frames they were pretty inexpensive. They cut two copies so we gave a set to my MIL.

We were definatly doing the Mickey ears. Jusy curious, how much are they?

Mickey Ears are either $6 or $8 without the embroidered names. I can't remember what the name cost. They have all kinds of ear hats though, not just the regular Mickey Mouse Clubesque hats. They have ears on baseball hats, safari hats, princess hats, pink caps, head bands with and without bows, bowlers, etc. They are fun. BUT don't feel you have to buy all of them. Our favorite "souveniours" from Disney happen to be pictures. I took almost an entire roll of the kids trying on different hats! They love these pictures and I didn't have to buy hats for them to have a great time that was captured on film!

:earsgirl: (mine are black with a red and white spotted bow!)

If you can take the time to go to Downtown Disney, there is a wonderful Christmas shop where you can have your name and the year written on the ornaments. Me and my husband got one back in '91 and when we returned with our 3yo daughter in '97 she picked out hers to have her name put on. So this time we are going back to have our youngest daughter get hers. So know we all will have our own special ornament from Disney on our tree this year. If I remember correctly it may be a day or two wait for the writing to get done but the ornaments were under $10.

Our kids (2 and 4) love their pressed penny collections. I don't think you have to pay extra for their names on the mouse ears. Disney also has a lot of souvenirs with names on them - name tags, sheriff's badges, cups, etc. My kids love anything with their name on it. The name tags can even be made at the booth if your child has an unusual name that isn't in stock. Have fun!!

My favorites are the fire fighter badges with the kids names on them as well as the "flashlight" type toys they have. Watch for the fiber optic type that keep kids entranced for as long as the batteries will last (and they can usually be changed) - that one might be a bit much for the younger one. As far as clothing goes, don't forget to check Character Warehouse at the Belz Factory Outlet Mall - they have the merchandise that either did nmot do well in the parks or is being discontinued. They typically have a pretty good selection of kids Ts and shorts.

We went for the first time when my son was 7 yr. old....yes we bought all of the "usual" souveniers....but to this day his most treasured one is the plastic bucket that his popcorn came in...has Toy Story on it....my hubby gave us the trip for Christmas and he had to wait 5 months before we actually went and he could hardly contain himself waiting for the Toy Story parade that year....he still eats popcorn out of it ( it is taped together!) and last year started asking if we could go back...he said he needs a new popcorn bucket!!! So we are going for Christmas this year and can hardly wait...by the way he is 13 years old now!!! and says he will always keep that Toy Story bucket...and to think I almost didn't bring it home because it wouldn't fit in the suitcase!!! LOL So I hope that they still sell popcorn in those plastic buckets!!...the most expensive popcrorn bucket ever!!!

Oh when they outgrow the t-shirts....make throw pillows out of them or use it as a background in a picture frame!
Have a Magical trip!

Wow I better budget in more "guilt" souvineer money LOL! We are going withotu our kids and I think this could get pricey you all have soem great ideas! I love the pressed pennies we do that all over at local zoos/malls etc! How fun to do them in WDW!

Catwho, I LOVE your idea of taking pictures of everyone trying on the hats! And the pictures are so much easier to keep through the years. It's also hard to wear those Mickey/Minnie ears hats anywhere except costume parties and Disney. (We are adults.)

Thanks for the great idea!

Another cute picture spot is in a sea of stuffed animals! Last time we were there we spent alot of time in Toontown (drawing a blank on the name) where you can wait in line to see all the character. They had a gift shop with a round tower of rows and rows of Christmas Mickey and Minnie's. I had my daughter stand as close as possible to the heaping pile and snapped serveral shots. Had I only thought of doing something that cute for Christmas picture cards I would have saved a boundle on having portraits done. I know better this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter