Indianapolis Disney Meet Sat, Aug 29th - 8th Annual - All Welcome

ADP

<marquee><font color=red>I'm a huggin' fool</marqu
Hi Everyone,

In 2014 we held our 7th annual Indianapolis Disney meet. Approximately 250 Disney fans attended from as far as Ohio, Florida, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Illinois, and all over Indiana.

Here is the link to last year's meet thread.
http://www.disboards.com/threads/in...7th-annual-all-welcome.3227915/#post-50581400

To look for additional Indianapolis Disney Meet updates be sure to like our Facebook page.
http://www.facebook.com/search.php?...arch_preload&search_first_focus=1313589411735

Our 8th Year!
This will be our 8th Indianapolis Disney Meet. Over the years the meet has become more than just a chance for Disney enthusiasts to join together for a day of Disney fun. It has given us the opportunity to meet knew people who share our love for all things Disney. We've raised over $30,000 for Give Kids the World. We feel very fortunate to be able to host an event like this so close to our home. For those of you who travel from so far away to attend the meet we really appreciate it and hope you will consider attending again this year. We have some exciting plans for this year's meet to celebrate our 8th year. More to come as we draw closer to our meet weekend.

The intent of the meet is to get to know other Disney enthusiasts like us and have some fun and laughs along the way. Like last year there will be no cost to attend this meet. We just ask that you bring a pitch-in food and/or drink item to share for the food table.

This meet is open to anyone willing to drive or even fly to the Indianapolis area. We'd love to have you join us. I'm hopeful to have several Hoosiers and other friends from other states join us in the Indianapolis area. If enough out-of-town guests join us we may have additional activities on the Friday night before the meet or the day after.

Please see below for meet information and details. Check this thread often for future details. We are planning an afternoon worth of fun Disney activities for kids and adults alike, prize drawings, contests and even some secret fun! :goodvibes We'll have more specific information the closer we get to Labor Day weekend.

Between now and August 29th I'll be updating this thread with meet information and attendees who will be joining us at the meet. Please post if you can attend the meet, how many guests will be joining your party including children and their ages. Even if you can't attend please post just to say hi!

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions feel free to post them here or send me a private message (PM).

We hope to see you at the meet!

This Year's meet will not be Labor Day Weekend. It will be the weekend before on Saturday, August 29th 2015

Indianapolis Disney Meet Information
Date: Saturday, August 29th 2015
Time: 1:00PM - 7:00PM
Where: Hamilton County 4-H Fairgrounds - O.V. Winks Building
2003 Pleasant St
Noblesville, IN 46060-3627
Facility Information
http://www.hamiltoncofairgrounds.com/ovWinks.html
Directions to the Hamilton County 4-H Fairgrounds
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Noblesville&state=IN&address=2003+Pleasant+Street&zipcode=46060
Food: Pitch-In Format. Please post what you can bring so we don't duplicate dishes. Feel free to bring dishes you'd find at Disney World restaurants

Travel Information
Hotel Information

cambria1.jpg

The Cambria Suites is the preferred hotel for the Indianapolis Disney Meet. Located 4 miles from the meet location the Cambria Suites is right across the street from the Hamilton Town Center shopping mall with convenient dining and other entertainment options. We will once again obtain a room block from the Cambria Suites. Request room block GKTW for a discounted rate.

Airport Information
The Indianapolis International Airport is located on the Southwest side of Indianapolis. The Indianapolis Disney meet is located on the Northeast side of Indianapolis. The two locations are in opposite corners of the city. A rental car is recommended unless you have other means of transportation around the city. Indianapolis does not have a mass-transit system. Please send me a message if you have questions about getting from the airport to the meet location.

Give Kids the World Village of Central Florida
The DIS is a contributor to Give Kids the World Village of Central Florida via the Power of 10 $1 Million dollar initiative. We will be conducting a few activities during the meet where the proceeds will go to benefit this wonderful charity on behalf of the DIS and the Power of 10.
To find out more about this wonderful organization click here.
http://www.gktw.org/
There will be some great auction items to bid on. Some of the items may draw high bids or require higher minimum bids. Please come prepared if you wish to bid on these items to benefit the Power of 10 initiative and Give Kids the World Village.

Kids Activities:
Face Painting
Disney Animation Drawing Class
Coloring
Hula Hoop
Kidcot Fun Stop - Duffy the Disney Bear edition
Please post additional ideas for kids activites

Pin & Vinylmation Trading Activities
Please feel free to bring your Disney pins for pin and Vinylmation trading opportunities. There will be a table setup for pin and Vinylmation displaying and trading during the meet. Whether you are a casual or serious pin and Vinylmation trader feel free to share and trade them with your fellow Disney enthusiasts.

Prizes
Like last year prizes will be awarded at the top of each hour. You must be present to win.

Last edited:
I wanted to comment that we attended our first DISmeet last year and ADP puts on a fantastic, fun-filled event. I don't think anyone will leave either hungry or disappointed.

Hi! I was just looking for a thread like this and it was there at the top. Someone must have been psychic. I'm interested in attending, and I started looking this morning because my daughter was asking about pin trading. So I was wondering if that happens at the meets? Not that it's necessary. :)

Thank you for hosting this!

I wanted to comment that we attended our first DISmeet last year and ADP puts on a fantastic, fun-filled event. I don't think anyone will leave either hungry or disappointed.
Hope to have another great year. Thanks !

Hi! I was just looking for a thread like this and it was there at the top. Someone must have been psychic. I'm interested in attending, and I started looking this morning because my daughter was asking about pin trading. So I was wondering if that happens at the meets? Not that it's necessary. :)

Hi ! Yes....There is pin and Vymal (sp) trading during the meet. Please bring them.

DD10 will have her pins to trade again this year.

Count us in as always, can't wait to be there....smjj

I am hoping to attend FINALLY this year! Going to make my resi's as soon as there is a room block! :cool1:
I am hoping to bring a friend who is as Disney Crazy as me :thumbsup2

Last edited:

Can't believe I've lived northeast of Indy for 5 years, and I just now found out about this DIS Meet! I will be there and will be bringing some family from IL with me! :) Can't wait!

Hey ADP. Can you or someone else post things to do in the area or other events for the weekend? Since we come from Columbus we might make a weekend of it.

A few great things to do in town:

Conner Prairie - which is up on the north side of town nearer to where the Meet will be
The Indianapolis Zoo - excellent, excellent zoo! - and White River Gardens; the admission price is for both and they are adjacent.
Children's Museum
The Speedway has a museum attached too, I believe (you'd think after 15 years I'd know these things, but I don't)
There's also the Eiteljorg museum downtown - Western Art
The State museum which I think still has a special Lincoln exhibit right now if you are into that.

The Children's Museum is very highly rated; except for Connor Prairie like I mentioned, and the Speedway museum, everything else is either in the middle of downtown or just north of it (Children's Museum).

Hope this helps!
Aerin

Bringing to donate for auction... Add a little touch of Disney in your home with this vertical triptych. All pictures taken by me or the DW (all in 2012). Sprayed some Laila on the back of it, too. May create a few more if I have time.image.jpg

A few great things to do in town:

Conner Prairie - which is up on the north side of town nearer to where the Meet will be
The Indianapolis Zoo - excellent, excellent zoo! - and White River Gardens; the admission price is for both and they are adjacent.
Children's Museum
The Speedway has a museum attached too, I believe (you'd think after 15 years I'd know these things, but I don't)
There's also the Eiteljorg museum downtown - Western Art
The State museum which I think still has a special Lincoln exhibit right now if you are into that.

The Children's Museum is very highly rated; except for Connor Prairie like I mentioned, and the Speedway museum, everything else is either in the middle of downtown or just north of it (Children's Museum).

Hope this helps!
Aerin
These are great suggestions !

Bringing to donate for auction... Add a little touch of Disney in your home with this vertical triptych. All pictures taken by me or the DW (all in 2012). Sprayed some Laila on the back of it, too. May create a few more if I have time.View attachment 105730
Mike,
This is beautiful. I may have to bid on it myself. Thank you very much. We'll have an auction sheet(s) ready for you when you arrive to the meet.

Sorry the pic is so bad, my iPhone camera got dust in it. Those purple spots are probably lint.

I'm hoping to be there this year! We were going to come last year and DH's work schedule got in the way. I'll confirm as it gets closer, but it's not at all a far drive from Fort Wayne! It always sounds like such a fun time. Will they be doing a podcast again this year? Was that last year or the year before? I can't remember. :P

I'm hoping to be there this year! We were going to come last year and DH's work schedule got in the way. I'll confirm as it gets closer, but it's not at all a far drive from Fort Wayne! It always sounds like such a fun time. Will they be doing a podcast again this year? Was that last year or the year before? I can't remember. :P
Hi There,
Yes, there will be a podcast again this year. Plus a ton of other stuff to do mostly Disney related. Hope to see you there.

We are planning on coming up from Tennessee for an adventureful & Disful weekend! Looks like we will be there Friday night before too late if there's any events going on then.

I'm so glad I found this! We are moving to Noblesville at the end of the month and I would love to do this.
And this is about a week before we go to Disney. How perfect.

Do you by any chance know when the podcast recording will take place? I have a scheduling conflict that day, but am hoping to make it in time for the podcast. Thanks!

We are planning on coming up from Tennessee for an adventureful & Disful weekend! Looks like we will be there Friday night before too late if there's any events going on then.
Hi. the only other activity planned outside our Saturday Indy Disney Meet is a morning brunch. I don't have all the details yet, but it will be at a restaurant near the hotel with our room block. More to come on that soon.

I'm so glad I found this! We are moving to Noblesville at the end of the month and I would love to do this.
And this is about a week before we go to Disney. How perfect.
Perfect. How close ! It will be a pleasure to meet you.

Do you by any chance know when the podcast recording will take place? I have a scheduling conflict that day, but am hoping to make it in time for the podcast. Thanks!
Hi. The podcast recording will be at 5:30. It should last about an hour. The meet will be over at 7:00. See you there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter