• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Increased Security at Parks???

A

astonrickenbach

I am going to the Dover race this weekend and as a result of the attacks they are no longer allowing coolers into the grandstands.

This made me think about US. I am coming down for HHN and usually spend the day in IOA and evening in US. As a result I take a backpack with me and store in the lockers.

Are they allowing backpacks in the parks? If they allow them are they checking them?

This is not a big issue since I would just leave my stuff in the rental car but it is more convenient to take it with you.

Thanks,

Phil from PA

Since the races at Dover Downs is such a big sporting event, I think it is in everyone interest not to allow coolers, backpacks or large bags. Living in DE and seeing all the people who have already been camping at this event for the past week, it will be in everyones best interest to have tighten security due to the circumstances of the past weeks horrific events. A little inconvience is worth the safety. Have a great day at Dover Downs.

It seems like things (such as security, park hours, etc) can change on a day to day basis right now at WDW or US. I believe they are still allowing backpacks, but they are being inspected. We are going to HHN and are continuing with our plans but know our plans can be changed at any time. WDW has already discontinued e nights for October and some parade and firework events. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter