Incentives for direct purchase

Mumof4mice

DIS Veteran
Experienced Owners, has Disney offered purchase incentives when they launched new resorts in the past?

I read that there's usually a small pp discount offered to existing dvc owners. What about developer credits for purchases over a certain number of points (like what's being offered for CCV/Aulani)?

We are considering buying a direct contract at Riviera, as trying to acquire direct points at sold out resorts has been a frustrating exercise.

Thank you!

Last edited:
I'm sorry acquiring direct points has proven challenging.

Looking back at this thread, New DVC Resort Discounts, it seems to be about 1-2 months before general public opening and about $5/point more when it finally did go public.

I'm sure other members (Wil?) could speak more to this directly, but my understanding is VGF didn't offer any incentives pre-sale, nor did PVB it's first year (with better deals coming in at DVC's 25th anniversary than at DVC pre-sales). When CCV went on sale last year, there were no additional DVC specific incentives that wasn't offered to the general public.

I'm sorry acquiring direct points has proven challenging.

Thanks! Part of the challenge is internal. DH leaves for California tomorrow, and I'm giving him last minute instructions -

Me: You're going to call as soon as you get there about the BLT points.

DH: Bay League Tower. I'm on it!

Me: [threw away complex flow chart containing multiple resorts and UY in order of preference] Just. March. Bay Lake Tower. Buy it, or wait list us. o_O

Disney makes more money selling points for new resorts so of course they don't offer the older resorts unless it benefits them.

:earsboy: Bill

Hopefully the fact that he is only on US soil for a specific number of days and then the ability to sell direct to him disappears will be enough incentive for them to make some magic happen and find some BLT points with the use year you want. Good luck!

Experienced Owners, has Disney offered purchase incentives when they launched new resorts in the past?

I read that there's usually a small pp discount offered to existing dvc owners. What about developer credits for purchases over a certain number of points (like what's being offered for CCV/Aulani)?

We are considering buying a direct contract at Riviera, as trying to acquire direct points at sold out resorts has been a frustrating exercise.

Thank you!

It used to be that buying right away might be the most expensive time. Then the discounts would kick in after the initial surge. The recent resorts have trended toward a pricing to existing owners for the initial sale and then bumped up when sales open to everyone. Then it's varied with discounts and what they do. IE - you just never know!

Agreed... depends on how the economy is rolling and how much disposable income is heading Disney's way :) Our one and only direct purchase was at CCV, but it was for a guaranteed week so we got bupkis in the way of incentives. We did get what I like to call 'the most expensive tote-bag ever purchased.' And a tinkerbell lithograph lol.

Hopefully the fact that he is only on US soil for a specific number of days and then the ability to sell direct to him disappears will be enough incentive for them to make some magic happen and find some BLT points with the use year you want. Good luck!

Thank you!

It used to be that buying right away might be the most expensive time. Then the discounts would kick in after the initial surge. The recent resorts have trended toward a pricing to existing owners for the initial sale and then bumped up when sales open to everyone. Then it's varied with discounts and what they do. IE - you just never know!
Thanks @KAT4DISNEY it's good to get a sense of what's been offered in the past. Trying to get maximum milage out of our remaining DVC budget!

We did get what I like to call 'the most expensive tote-bag ever purchased.' And a tinkerbell lithograph lol.
And I thought I gave up on luxury handbags to fund my DVC habit. Oooh Tinkerbell lithograph.

And a tinkerbell lithograph
Now I am jealous!! Then again, my tote bag cost less than $5000.

OP, good luck with your Bay League Tower purchase!! :P Hopefully the incentive for a quick commission will be enough incentive for the guide to find some points lying around.

Now I am jealous!! Then again, my tote bag cost less than $5000.

OP, good luck with your Bay League Tower purchase!! :P Hopefully the incentive for a quick commission will be enough incentive for the guide to find some points lying around.
Thanks @kboo! DH is detail oriented and Type A at work. But any vacation is a good vacation in his books. I wouldn't be too surprised if he came home with BRV or BWV. And manage to NOT get any of our 3 existing use years. :faint:

Thanks @kboo! DH is detail oriented and Type A at work. But any vacation is a good vacation in his books. I wouldn't be too surprised if he came home with BRV or BWV. And manage to NOT get any of our 3 existing use years. :faint:
HAHA. Yikes. I hope that doesn't happen! My DH is the same way.

I was going over our latest FPs and I told DH I couldn't get FOP so had gotten Navi River Journey instead. He was like, what's that ride? (5 minute description ensues; yes we have been on it more than once). Also told him we had a FP for Kilimanjaro Safari. "What's that ride again?"

I was going over our latest FPs and I told DH I couldn't get FOP so had gotten Navi River Journey instead. He was like, what's that ride? (5 minute description ensues; yes we have been on it more than once). Also told him we had a FP for Kilimanjaro Safari. "What's that ride again?"
Hahahaha! Your husband is actually the PERFECT DVC travel companion. With so many trips in those BLT/VGF contracts, renewed awe and wonder every year should be welcomed. In a couple of years, you can "introduce" him to FoP and he'll be blown away!

Hahahaha! Your husband is actually the PERFECT DVC travel companion. With so many trips in those BLT/VGF contracts, renewed awe and wonder every year should be welcomed. In a couple of years, you can "introduce" him to FoP and he'll be blown away!

HAHA! I'm just waiting for when Galaxy's Edge opens and he yells at me (again) for not buying BWV or BCV. At least he understands the 7-11 month booking window.

HAHA. Yikes. I hope that doesn't happen! My DH is the same way.

Hahaha, it's a mystery how they managed to survive before meeting us!

I'm assuming you rope-dropped the fastpass selection? But still couldn't score a FoP fastpass?

Well, it looks like anything other than the resorts Disney is currently selling is not feasible for international purchasers.

The guide delivered the expected news:
- No BLT available for Mar/Oct/Dec
- No SSR available for Oct/Dec

She had to escalate our wait list request up the chain, and the response was:
- She cannot wait list us at all because if the wait list came through she's not allowed to initiate contact with us to let us know.
- For that matter, she was instructed not to correspond with me by emails any more! I had to WhatsApp message DH to pass on the message. :sad2:

Really hoping Riviera turns out to be a nice resort now.

Well, it looks like anything other than the resorts Disney is currently selling is not feasible for international purchasers.

The guide delivered the expected news:
- No BLT available for Mar/Oct/Dec
- No SSR available for Oct/Dec

She had to escalate our wait list request up the chain, and the response was:
- She cannot wait list us at all because if the wait list came through she's not allowed to initiate contact with us to let us know.
- For that matter, she was instructed not to correspond with me by emails any more! I had to WhatsApp message DH to pass on the message. :sad2:

Really hoping Riviera turns out to be a nice resort now.

And why only direct for the sold out resorts? Resale is not a consideration?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter