Inaugural cruises?

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
How difficult are they to book? Is there a lottery? DH asked me about them today. 2021 is a long time from now, but it gives me something to anticipate.:)

The original Maiden Voyage of the Magic was a lottery for reservations (yay we got one!) but there wasn't one for the Wonder, Dream or Fantasy that I remember. We were on the MV for the Dream as well and don't remember a lottery. We used a TA who got us a cabin when the bookings opened.

MJ

I heard it will have a platinum booking advantage then gold booking like they do with new dates booking. I think it is all speculation at this point. I hope we get to book. We will be platinum.

Ok,we are already Platinum, so if that matters, good.

Thank you!

When the Dream and Fantasy came out, their inaugural cruises were just like any new itinerary - platinum and gold got advance booking by phone and then it opened up online to anyone. With the change in Castaway Club benefits, I imagine it is going to open up similarly when they introduce the new ships - advance bookings for platinum followed by gold followed by silver all by phone before they open up to everyone w/online booking available.

The thing that will limit the bookings will be the price. I don't remember what the opening prices for the Fantasy inaugural cruise was because after the disaster of the Dream inaugural we weren't doing another but the Dream's inaugural cruise was twice the price of the Dream's second official cruise.

Dream's disaster inaugural? I do not know about that.

We will both mid 70's, if we are able to go, we will try to get on.

I booked the Dream Inaugural a few months after the booking window opened. It was a wonderful experience! I've started my vacation account for the next one!

I booked the Dream Inaugural a few months after the booking window opened. It was a wonderful experience! I've started my vacation account for the next one!
Ok, good to know. Gives us something to add to the bucket list!:)

When the Dream and Fantasy came out, their inaugural cruises were just like any new itinerary - platinum and gold got advance booking by phone and then it opened up online to anyone. With the change in Castaway Club benefits, I imagine it is going to open up similarly when they introduce the new ships - advance bookings for platinum followed by gold followed by silver all by phone before they open up to everyone w/online booking available.

The thing that will limit the bookings will be the price. I don't remember what the opening prices for the Fantasy inaugural cruise was because after the disaster of the Dream inaugural we weren't doing another but the Dream's inaugural cruise was twice the price of the Dream's second official cruise.
Oh Twice the price! That may change my mind to be on first one. I figured it would be more money but not double. Thanks for heads up.

And remember that the Fantasy still has a premium price over the same or similar cruises on the Magic and Wonder.

So for pricing, add a "New Ship Premium Pricing Factor" and THEN Double It for the MV. And finally hope and pray that that you are close to what the cost will be to sail on the new ship(s).

It's really all about the experience, and if it is worth it to you. I think we are "in" if we're able to go!

Whatever the years were for the past Inaugural cruises, we had other obligations, not something we could do, not even something we thought about.

We will be in also, unless the price is truly insane (higher for us than many since we do not have kids!). Bucket list item for sure!

We will be in also, unless the price is truly insane (higher for us than many since we do not have kids!). Bucket list item for sure!
I have to ask, you do have or do not have kids? With kids would be more, right.

We hope to do it in 2021 and 2023 if the timing is right. Price isn't an issue as much as the time of year.

I have to ask, you do have or do not have kids? With kids would be more, right.

We do not... I was trying to convey that the bar for what constitutes "insane" for us is higher than it would be for a family, since we're only paying for two adults. Double x2 is easier to swallow than double for four or more people.

We do not... I was trying to convey that the bar for what constitutes "insane" for us is higher than it would be for a family, since we're only paying for two adults. Double x2 is easier to swallow than double for four or more people.
Ok, I understand!

Resurrecting an old thread for some other questions about booking the new ship in 2021. When did reservations open for the other inaugural cruises? 12 months, 18 months or a much shorter time frame?

Does anyone remember if DCL released deck plans ahead of the booking window?

Finally, is there a current guess about when in 21 the new ship will sail?

Thanks for any help.

A lot of factors for us...the itinerary, what "new" things the ship will have, and most importantly time of year (we're working around a school schedule).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts