In the "real world" what do you wear.....

Grumpy'sWife4Ever

DIS Veteran
...to remind you of Disneyland? Do you have something or things that you wear daily to bring the park a little closer to you??

I have a classic Mickey watch from my trip in '06 and just acquired a classic Minnie watch last month (both gifts from my thoughtful DH:lovestruc) and I wear one of them daily, regardless of my wardrobe. Mickey and Minnie are all occasion time pieces!

I carry a Disneyland key chain also, Tink flying over the castle. Since I drive everyday I get to "see" the castle on a daily basis.

I recently bought my first Disney Crocs, and I wear them probably twice a week.

I also have two DL hoodies - luckily it is always cool on the Oregon Coast so I have a great excuse to wear them year 'round. :woohoo:

And it probably goes without saying that I have several Disney t-shirts....I mean, don't we all??? :cool1:

lot's of Disney jewelry from my swap meet god Mickey ring.......it's strange MM has a tooth showing .......to one of my many necklaces. I have a lot of Disney clothes and some shoes for when it gets warmer..................as I plan a trip more starts to come out of the closet. I have a brown velour kingdom couture jogging suit I love so much I almost never wear it........afraid something will happen to it! Oh and a Mickey mouse purse too!

I have my three Disney related t-shirts that I wear frequently. My favorite being my Snow White shirt! Then I have an Alice in Wonderland and a Tinkerbell shirt. Plus I have a Snow White sketches sweater that I love to wear. But the one thing that I see every day is my Evil Queen keychain and the key protecter that are on my keychain.

I am not a jewelry person and I can't wear watches so those are always out.

I always have something DL related on me, including, but not limited to:

watch
earrings
crocs
t-shirt
sweatshirt
purse/bag
wallet

Even my license plate is personalized "DZNYGAL".

It's an illness, but I don't want a cure!

I wear "hidden Mickeys" in my ears. :lovestruc Last trip to DLR I bought some small pink Mickey head earrings. I also have Disney charms on my Italian charm bracelet watch. And I sometimes wear my Disney pins on my whistle lanyard at work.

My weekend wear includes my t's and crocs and hoodies. But at work, where I'm supposed to be a grown up I am more sublte. Head band with holes in shape of mickey's head, quilted black jacket with Mickey head quilting, my watch, gold and silver tone earings with tiny mickey heads. And my car has a Mickey License Frame and of course an antanae ball. Oh, and last trip I bought the brown "leatherlike" bag with the grommets in mickey head shape, and that is my bag of choice right now. I have my disney music on my phone and I listen to it for a quick cheerme up when I need to. I try to get my kids to wear their Disney stuff but my little one will only do so on the weekend. My oldest strangely enough is into some of his now. My husband wears his all the time, pretends like it is to humor me, but I think he likes it.

I forgot to add my car wears a Mickey head trailer hitch cover and a disney family set of stickers . Plus a tink and Jessica rabbit sticker too.

I have numerous shirts I wear regularly to work, I have tank tops, I have a keychain or two or three.....and my Pirates hoodie that I love, my Sally hoodie, my Tink hoodie.....LOL I also have the cutest Ariel dress. LOVE it!!!! :) I can wear jeans to work so really, I can wear whatever Disney stuff I want to. :) Oh ya, I have a few pieces of Tink body jewelry too, my belly button is pierced and in the summer I switch my ring out pretty regularly. :)

I feel SO much better when I am wearing one of my Disney watches. Two were purchased over 3 years ago. One gold/black 50th Anniversary Mickey one and one gold one surrounded by a faux diamond embossed Mickey head - hard to describe, but when I had my photo taken with Mickey in his home he noticed it and wanted to know where I got it, so it is definitely eye-catching. We bought it on Main Street. It also has little 'diamentes' down the strap with Mickey heads around them. VERY cute.

My latest purchase (in Jan) was an 80th anniversary Minnie watch. It is one of only 50 made, so it is kinda special. Hubby convinced me to buy it, not that he had to twist my arm very much. It had a matching Mickey one for men, but hubby didn't want one. He's not as hooked as I am. I am not supposed to wear the special one every day, but one of the others needs a new battery and the other one needs the catch tightened. What is a girl to do??? You HAVE to wear a Disney watch don't you????

I used to have a watch with a leather strap with Pooh heads embossed on it and the watch face was in the SHAPE of Pooh's head. Problem was that when it got scratched too much I couldn't find anywhere here that could get me a replacement glass in that shape. I was NOT happy.

I get the feeling that I 'maybe' like watches!!!:confused3

I also have Mickey and Pooh earrings and a new fleecy beige coat with Pooh embroidered on the chest. I can't wait to wear it this winter! I have Pooh and 50th anniversary t-shirts, but I don't tend to wear t-shirts that often, so they are mainly for when I need to have my spirits lifted around home.

I have a collection of pins that I love wearing to work to show the kids I teach. I teach literature this year and I am looking forward to wearing certain ones to match themes. For example I have a couple of Pirate ones, so will have to find some books to match those. I also have a couple with virtues on them, so will match them with books as well.

I have a Mickey and Friends lanyard that I have my school keys on, so of course EVERYONE knows whose they are if they are found anywhere.

I have lots of Pooh cups (nice and big) that I used to just keep on display, but I figured that this was a waste, so now I drink out of them at home and work. The kids love seeing all my Disney stuff.

Oh!!! I also have three Mickey handbags. One has a few gold Mickeys sequined on it and the other two are the brown and black bags that were sold for $15 with other purchases earlier in the year. They have beaded Mickey heads on them.

I would LOVE a pair of Disney Crocs. That is my next aim.

I have no immediate plans to grow up, so I hope to continue building on my collection of Disney 'stuff'. We don't have a lot of places you can buy authentic Disney things over here, so I mainly wait until we are on vacation over there. Hang on! That means I have to wait another 5 years!!!!! Oh dear. I may have to check out Amazon now and then to ease my 'pangs'.:rolleyes1

(After reading this list, NOW I know why our holidays are SO expensive!!! I may need to find a cheaper passion. NAH!)

Oh, I forgot to mention my keys. I have a Disney Princesses house key. Not key chain, the key itself is decorated with them. My MIL has a Tinkerbell house key. You can get them at Home Depot. It only costs a couple of dollars. And, if I loose my keys again, this makes them much easier to describe to people. Hopefully that won't happen.

Oh I've seen those keys. I have a Raiders key, DBF has an A's key, DD12 has a key that's green with dragonflies on it (they were out of tink) and DD9 has one with ladybugs because of her nickname :) and because they didn't have Cinderella alone. LOL

Oh I've seen those keys. I have a Raiders key, DBF has an A's key, DD12 has a key that's green with dragonflies on it (they were out of tink) and DD9 has one with ladybugs because of her nickname :) and because they didn't have Cinderella alone. LOL

Aren't they fun? :lovestruc

From DLR:

The calendar on my wall is the DLR calendar and I've got a pair of DLR socks.

From DLRP (my usual haunt):

I've got a pair of DLRP socks, a Mickey key ring and I've also got a bracelet though I haven't worn this in a while.

Plus:

I've got a fairly large number of plush toys from DLRP, a couple from WDW and one from DLR. I've also got my build a bear rabbit who has has a Cinderella dress and a Disney princess t-shirt :goodvibes

Aren't they fun? :lovestruc

They are!!!! I love them!!!

UK Stitch, I'm so jealous that you get to do DLRP, I want to do that one day....I want to do that and get a TON of trading pins because they are great traders! LOL :)

My girls have the socks and the BaBs w/Disney outfits. But not me, no BaB for me. :)

UK Stitch, I'm so jealous that you get to do DLRP, I want to do that one day....I want to do that and get a TON of trading pins because they are great traders! LOL

My girls have the socks and the BaBs w/Disney outfits. But not me, no BaB for me.

I have to admit, I actually prefer DLR to DLRP - I'm not sure if it's because I've been to DLRP once or twice a year for the past 6 or so years but only been once to DLR, but I found that my trip to DLR last year seemed that much more magical for some reason.

I know the feeling though - I've been desperate to visit WDW for a long time now. I went there once about 11 years ago and have been desperate to go back ever since.

I'm hoping to pick up a BaB Belle dress (that's my favourite one) when I visit in December.

i have a beautiful charm bracelet my husband gave me for an anniversary and it's loaded with disney charms.

And a pretty golden tinkerbell tote that Cristabel traded me at the Dis Board Girls only mixer, i carry that quite a bit.

Also my alice in wonderland hoodie and my tink hoodie!

I have to admit, I actually prefer DLR to DLRP - I'm not sure if it's because I've been to DLRP once or twice a year for the past 6 or so years but only been once to DLR, but I found that my trip to DLR last year seemed that much more magical for some reason.

I know the feeling though - I've been desperate to visit WDW for a long time now. I went there once about 11 years ago and have been desperate to go back ever since.

I'm hoping to pick up a BaB Belle dress (that's my favourite one) when I visit in December.

Hmmm, let me know if you want me to check next time we are in DL for that outfit. I would be happy to send it to you. :)

I've never been to WDW at all.....I'd like to go but airfare for 4 is so expensive and the longer we wait the more pricey it gets. LOL I so wanted to do the free dining this year but it's just not in the cards for us. :( I'll keep trying tho, hopefully I can make it!

I think I have worn a Disney character watch ( Mickey, or Minnie, or pooh, or Tigger) every day of my life since the mid 70's!

I don't wear to many Disney stuff. I do own a Nightmare before Christmas shirt that I wear alot and a Pirates ride shirt my kids got for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter