• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

In the planning stage for July 2004....lots of questions!!

SeaSpray

Disney World fan since 1976
Hi everyone!

I have never posted here on the cruise boards before because...well...we've never planned a Disney cruise before :D

Anyway, I have a lot of questions, and fortunately I know I'm at the right place for the answers!

My first question is: On a 4-night cruise, for 4 people (myself, DH, DS15, DS12 {DSs will be 16 and 13 next year while on the cruise}) what would the initial deposit be??

Second question: Do you think we'd be uncomfortable in a category 11? Is it worth the $200 difference to go into a category 9? From the info in the brochure, that would give us 30 sq ft more. Also, would my DS who will be 13 when we cruise be too big for that top bunk thing?? We're trying to keep the cost of this cruise within a certain budget so that it'll be "doable". Of course we'd love a suite, or 2 separate cabins but those options aren't open to us right now.

I would love to hear from anyone who's done the 4-night with teens. How did they like it?

Any "insider" info you can give me, such as better cabin locations?

Any and all comments, tips, experiences, etc. are most welcome and appreciated!! :)

I can help with your first question...... unless it's changed recently, the deposit is $200 per person for a 3 or 4 night cruise, $250 per person for a 7 night.

I've never cruised with teens, but there were several on our 4 night last year and they all seemed to be enjoying themselves.

I'm sure someone else will chime in on the cat 11 versus cat 9 question.

Hi SeaSpray! Nice to have you over here! We took our first cruise in January, and it was on the 4 night Wonder. We are planning to do the exact same thing next January. For the 4 of us (2 adults, 2 teens) we had two category 5 staterooms. That worked out well, but, of course, it isn't the cheapest option. We do plan on getting two category 11 staterooms next time - look at the prices, it is similar pricing for 4 in one cat 11 as it is for 2 cat 11's with 2 in each. The prices aren't that far apart. We did see the cat 11, and it looked fine. We'll probably try to upgrade at the port (they have discounted rates to upgrade on the day of).

On our 4 night cruise, there didn't seem to be a lot of teens. We still had a good time, there are just so many things to do (shows, restaurants, movies, ports of call, etc). So, don't worry about the kids, they'll find something!!!

For the heck of it, I ran prices for the July 18-22 Wonder cruise. $3327.40 for two cat 11's, $2887.40 for one cat 11, $3087.40 for one cat 9. These don't include transfers or insurance.

outahere:

Thanks for the info. I'm putting aside money for the deposit and it's good to know how much I'll need. :)

Cali:

Hi!! Wow, I was just thinking about you the other day, I saw the words "California Dreaming" and was remembering all the months on the Resort boards we've spent over the last couple of years! :p I am glad to see you here! :)
Since I posted my question last night, we're now considering the 7 night western caribbean on the Magic. Earlier today I was beginning to consider booking 2 cabins for the 4 of us, but now I'm thinking maybe we should go for the 7 night cruise, but in an inside cabin. I just spoke to someone who's been on the Wonder and Magic and said they feel my DS12 would definitely fit up on that fold down bed.

I'm really feeling very indecisive right now... Should we do the 7 night in an inside? Or do the 4 night in 2 insides or the 4 night in one verandah cabin?? LOL Lots of choices to make.... I need help! LOL

<b>Welcome to the DIS Boards SeaSpray!</b>

I think your 13 yr. old will be fine in the top bunk. That's where my 14 yr. old son slept last summer and he loved it.

In case your thinking about also visiting the parks next July, just know Orlando is unbearably hot and crowded during that time of year. I'm sure you probably already knew that. :cool:

Humm, 7 night or 4 night? We'll, I think you'd probably enjoy the 7 night, even with an inside. How do you feel about being on a ship for that long? If you okay with it, I'd say go for it!!! ;) BTW, as far as deck location, I like deck 7 aft.

Originally posted by outahere
I can help with your first question...... unless it's changed recently, the deposit is $200 per person for a 3 or 4 night cruise, $250 per person for a 7 night.

We paid $200 per person for our 7-day cruise for next June. HTH

Our deposit for this year's 7 day cruise was $250.00 per person. We booked it while we were on our cruise last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter