In the park now 10/25-10/28

rccllap

Who is this kid and why is he calling me Mom?
Studios today. MagicBands working, MDX working. Also able to use room key (KTTW) for traditional Fp's. Early entry for MagicBand/resort guests. Crowds at "normal" levels, wait times reasonable.

The addition of FP to pretty much every ride & attraction is a horrible nuisance. No more going early to Indy, and I am grumpily betting that the people picked to be the crowd fillers will be FP'ers.

The FP line for Toy Story Midway Mania was brutal too, but since I knew that's a slow loader I was prepared.

"Lines" (the unofficial guidebook app) says this is supposed to be a 5 out of 10 crowd day...nope. It's crowded. Now, to be fair, it is not June levels or Christmas/NYE busy, but for an October non holiday, I sure am surprised by this.

Lovely to get a character meeting with Minnie and see Mr Incredible with Frozone, Ralph and Vanellope, and Sorcerer Mickey behind Animation Hall.

We missed our FP+ for RnR and the MDX app let me reschedule to a later time.

No glitches to report in using the MagicBands. It does take an extra second or two to line up the Mickeys.

Yesterday at MK, today at AK until mid day/early afternoon. Back at the resort now so that 8 yr old can rest up, possible Illuminations tonight.

1. The CM's are being a lot more bossy and snappy if guests don't do what they are "supposed" to do. It's obvious that the increasing crowd levels are stressing the staff.

2. Speaking of crowd levels...Ain't no way this is a low attendance time of year. Even with the understanding that this is a pre-holiday weekend, these are moderately heavy to heavy crowds. The two concurrent special events (MNSSHP and Epcot F & W) coupled with the nice weather, the upcoming Halloween...it's a perfect storm.

3. Plus to having the MagicBands while they are still in "test" means that we have been able to utilize having the three per band FP+, plus use the KTTW for a paper FP, and for the four out of five in my group with AP's, use that as well; at one point yesterday we had four FP+ 's and eight paper FP's. The downside is that the FP line is no longer any real benefit. Yes, I do understand its origins, and intent that "You get to do your 'waiting' for the attraction while enjoying something else," but with the burden on the system, the FP itself is the wait for your assigned time PLUS an additional 30 minutes +/- in the queue.

4. The weather is PERFECT.

5. The characters are making the magic happen. Had incredible times with Stitch, Rapunzel, Dug & Russell, Pooh & Tigger...everyone is playing around, interacting wonderfully, basically making it worth the time it does take for autographs and poses.

6. There are little changes everywhere that seem to be not very guest friendly, with the challenge of crowd dynamics and attendances at obviously record levels. This environment certainly was big enough to absorb and manage 90s levels of crowds even at its 70s construction design, but it no longer handles what's being thrown at it.

Excellent end to the evening. Went to Epcot for Illuminations. Got FP+ for Soarin' and TT plus supper at The Land, and got decent viewing for the show. Looking forward to a great day at Epcot tomorrow!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter